ZBrushCentral

DinoMonsters, new breed of superheroes (Step-by-Step Added 07/13)

:small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: :small_orange_diamond: In-Depth Mini-Tutorial Added (See Bottom of Post)

Hello fellow Z-artist’s!
I was working my ass of past few months.
I quit my job in TV company to start a career as a cgi artist with emphasis on character design.
It would be hard to do without Zbrush!
This is premiere release:)! This is their first public appearance!!

Note:
If you got interested in the concept past this thread and these two images, you are welcome to visit home of DinoMonsters on following link: [color=black]www.DinoMonsters.com
The web page is filled with number of really good looking renders(but be the judge for your self) turntables and other fun content.

They are group of characters called DinoMonsters.
They are mutants, half man half dinosaurs.
I’m trying to make them into a comic book/character art book/toy, and what not, and push this thing further.
I’ve developed whole story behind these characters and as I write this post I’m finishing on sketching out the very first episode.
I have wrote six connected stories about how they became what they are, and further on how they formed DinoMonster team and so fort.
It will be a genuine superhero comic book or graphic novel.
Also, I’m using DinoMonsters to showcase my skills, to try and get some commissioned work my ways.
Comments welcomed!

Here are three images:

This is Ty, the leader of the group.
[]

This is Stiks, he’s a though guy!
[]

Stiks, fighting the mutated Red eared slider pet turtle. Not so cute now!
[]

[]
[]

Mini-Tutorial
Here is a small step by step on how I created one of DinoMonsters images.
I love playing with matcaps in photoshop, really allows for some great results.
Would be great to move the tutorial on the first post of the thread for the accessibility.

Regards!tyfog.jpgstiksfog.jpg

tytumb.jpgstikstumb.jpgstiksfajttumb.jpg

1 Like

smokin!!

Cool characters - definitely an interesting idea to develop! Keep it up. :slight_smile: I’ll keep my eye on this…

Fantastic new work! I love the hp and the logo is cool!
You really love Dinos, eh? :wink:

Really good stuff, good luck with it all.

I know they weren’t dinosaurs, but these guys remind me a lot of beebop and rocksteady from TMNT :smiley:

Great work all around - dig it :+1:

great job man i realy hope it all works out and it should :slight_smile:

This is some cool looking stuff. I really like the coloring on them. IMHO their heads seem too small.

Nice work:+1:

love it!

really nice…
i like the style…

very good…
I liked the weapon leisure and TY :sunglasses:

I really like the dinos man !!!
Amazing work

Very nice work! I love the style here!

Awesome designs. I love them, I would watching a movie or show with them in them. I love dinosaurs and your characters are pretty sweet.

Remind me of a cartoon I loved Growing up called Dinosaucers.

Awesome Job!!!

Awesome designs. I love them, I would watching a movie or show with them in them. I love dinosaurs and your characters are pretty sweet.

Remind me of a cartoon I loved Growing up called Dinosaucers.

Awesome Job!!!

HI,

wow awesome work…:+1: i like the weapon too

Moni-Poroni_ you could say that, there’s something about dinosaurs I just can’t resist :slight_smile:
Super Glitcher_ yeah, I know about those two.
maingon360_ I’m also familiar with that cartoon, there are 2 cartoons and one comic book with similar concept, which I discovered when I finished my own characters.

Thx for kind comments guys!!

good work pal!
did u do the mesh’s in maya?

Cool work. Nice renders and I like the smoky background. I admire you quitting your job to follow your dream. Good luck with it all :+1:

incredible stuff