ZBrushCentral

ZBrush help, cannot open anymore

Hi folks.
I tried to open ZBrush this evening, and what I came up with is an error messahe: "Win Tab Services not available.

When I click OK, I get the blue screen talking about an irreversible error in windows, and have to reboot.
What may have happened?
Hope you may help.
Thanx
Mari

I’ve looked through all my computer books and can find no help with win tab services. Presumably you have rebooted, and the same message is appearing? Hopefully someone with more computer knowledge than me will see your question.
Dave.

From memory win tab services…an option has been picked up from within zbrush asking for the tablet driver…which hasn’t loaded…

Now either plug in your tablet…or if you haven’t got one…now here I forget what to do exactly…(if your ZBRush still not opening) try scan disk…deleting saved changed zbrush custom config file if you have one in the zbrush directory…oo reinstalling zbrush…I’m sorry but I can’t remember what to do apart from those things…

I got an error message about winTab right after I got my new Wacom USB tablet. I hooked it up and it said that it found and was installing the drivers, but when I tried to use the tablet, it didn’t work. I ran the installation disk that came with the tablet and the error message went away. Did you recently install a tablet?

Kevin :slight_smile:

As correctly stated above( :)), WinTab is the Windows Graphics Tablet Driver and it seems that windows is ‘confused’ about the existence of such driver in your machine. Have you modified your system or graphics tablet configuration recently? Is your tablet connected to the system?
Reinstalling your tablet driver should take care of this problem.

If you are still encountering difficulties, click here to submit a tech-inquiry and include your system specs (ZBrush version + System version) and any relevant info about the graphic tablet that you are using.
-Pixolator

Thanks for your replies.
I do have a tablet, which I got long before ZBrush.
I bought last week a new scanner, and a digital camera 2 days ago.
I got only one USB port so, in order to view the photos, I have to take off the scanner USB wire and put in the one of the dig camera.
Sorry if the tecnical terms are not correct, I just tried to translate… :slight_smile:

This is what I modified lately.
I will try to reinstall the tablet anyway… :frowning:
Mari

Hi all!
As a fiend of mine always says…:“Women anc pc…pah!”… :smiley: :smiley:
The prob is solved now. The USB wire I had taken off was the tablet one… :rolleyes:
Now ZBrush is working again, HURRAY!
Thanks to all of you for the kind help.
I would not have soved my prob without you anyway!
Kisses.
Mari :smiley: