Senior Member User Gallery

Is there a way to paste paths to certain directories within Lightbox?? I can't seem to figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by wayniac
    Is there a way to paste paths to certain directories within Lightbox?? I can't seem to figure out how.
    In windows go to your custom folder on whatever drive it lives, right click, make shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and choose cut. Go to your c drive and find the pixologic folder with the application, open it, go to ZProjects. When in the folder right click and choose paste. Next time you open ZB click on the projects heading if it is not already open, under the folders on the left you will see an icon for your custom folder. Double click and away you go.

Nice workaround Kanga! Thanks! However, is there really no way to natively copy/paste paths in Lightbox???? This seems like a pretty fundamental task for any type of browsing interface and am baffled why the ability to do so would be left out. Thanks again for the workaround. Hopefully Pixologic addresses this issue with the next release.

Default does spotlight obviate stencil?

so i've been playing with spotlight, going through the vid tuts and it's truly awesome... but something was tugging at the back of my mind the whole time and now i realize what it is - does spotlight basically make stencil redundant or unnecessary.

is there anything in particular that stencil does that spotlight doesn't do? there's an "alpha to stencil" feature that seems a bit unique but even that seems to hardly be overwhelmingly advantageous.

thoughts?

jin

I put all of the default Zproject files into sub-folder so that Light box opens faster. Since ZBrush 3.5r2 I started putting all my files in a folder on my desktop. I make a short-cut to it in the ZProject and Ztool directory.

I don't have Internet at home. All I want room LightBox is to search for files on my PC. I opened a hugh image folder in LightBox to see what would happen (on my 1Gb ram P4 Dell) and LightBox ate all my memory up (and mem-listed-out) loading all the thumb nails. WinXP never does this.

I haven't play with Spotlight yet but I'm thinking I won't be able to load as many as images as i want. I know! I need some new hardware.
    ZBrush - Narrowing the gap between Imagination and Manifestation DeviantART

New Member User Gallery

i love spoitlight - its very flexible, easy and fast while still delivering nice results.

New Member User Gallery

I cant find spotlight I was looking at a lydia tutorial and it said that after bringing in texture to click texture again and then choose the spotlight button but I dont see it there I have R3. is it a seperate pluging you have to download or purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    I cant find spotlight I was looking at a lydia tutorial and it said that after bringing in texture to click texture again and then choose the spotlight button but I dont see it there I have R3. is it a seperate pluging you have to download or purchase?
    Look in the Texture menu for the Add to Spotlight button

New Member User Gallery

ok thanks I was looking where I loaded the texture from and it wasnt there it is 7am here and I havent been to bed yet working on trying to figure this thing out finally i broke down and posted. guess shoulda posted several hours ago lol

thanks a ton for your help

Joe

Member User Gallery

hahah I was looking for it the other day they changed it in the 4.r2-3 release ... I have to say Pixologic it is one of my favorite parts of zb so far it helps with quick textures so much !!!

Can't fine Spotlight either. Tried the Shift Z ... nada. I'm running the newest version of ZBrush too. It's got a little button in the drop down Texture palette that says very clearly to do a Shift Z to bring it up. The slide out palette on the right side SHOULD have an "Add to SpotLight" button, which it's not there either. I sure hope I don't have to reinstall ZBrush to get this straightened out. Just learning texturing in ZB and this looks like the best solution for what I need.

I've been shown the main discussion pages for how to use SpotLight but that's not helping me FIND and INVOKE SpotLight. So not sure what to do at this point..

HELP?

Never mind... found it but it's not a button in the right slide out Textures palette. It's a condensed button next to the Turn On SpotLight button in the drop down Texture palette. Kind of confusing since most of the tutorial vids I've watched have this button readily available in the right side slide out Texture palette.
    Last edited by RAMWolff; 10-22-12 at 12:15 PM.
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

User Gallery

?:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R4\Documentation\ZBrush4.0_tutorials.pdf

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1521222324