Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I honestly cant say enough about how good these things are.

the decimator is smart and clean.

the exporter creates shells that have no issues with noise shelling or any of the other common problems with the STL exporters.

I had them for a while and I swear these have made Zbrush the best to fabrication program I've ever delt with for any price.

yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thank you again.

tomas

Thank you once again! Your ideas for tools are so cool it hurts
    (now lets try to make my boss get a nice 3d printer hohoho)
    My updated portfolio
    My sketchbook
    My 3d prints
    Available for full time / freelance job

Member Follow User Gallery

where do you go get this 3d print ,, i sure cant buy a 3d printer.. so how is this posable
    Aldin Bilalovic
    AldinBilalovic@gmail.com

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Plugin Feedback

Please see my previous thread, "First ZBrush Model", (latest posting) for initail feedback data on the new plugins:

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=71003

I've had a wonderful experience so far with ZCorp's printers (see test print on above thread):

http://zcorp.com/

I'm also investigating exciting new printing possibilities at Materialise:

http://www.materialise.com/

Check them out!

Default Here's a good website

This plugin is gonna be big. Shapeways looks like a very professional and affordable 3D printing service.
    I'll be playing with my "Robot vs. Werewolf" Chess set in no time!
    Cheers! - from D.C.
    Alex Bonfield

OMG! this is overwhelming. It is raining goodies.

We are very excited to see this plugin for zbrush. We are currently running 3 Zcorp printers and are looking forward to offering our services thanks to this. Give us a shout if you need somethig printed!

plans@lgm3d.com
    www.lgm3d.com

Wow! I just peed my pants again!

This is exciting stuff! I just worked through one of the samples, the Rhino, and have some things to report.

I exported the Rhino as a binary .stl. I popped it open in Magics to see what the file looked like.

Overall, very good! Not quite 3d print ready but very close. A short bit of time in an .stl editor ad it would be ready to go. Here's a pic of the direct import. Notice, very few errors.
    DirectImportIntoMagics.jpg

In this case, there were holes in the ears, so the shell is not a closed volume.
    DirectImportIntoMagicsEar.jpg

Ther was also some unecessary internal geometry, like the eyes and the mouth. There were also extra shells like the toenails. The toe nails would resolve in a 3d print, but probabaly not the mouth. The parts were too thin.
    headsection.jpg

rhinofeet-import.jpg

Like I said, some extranious sheels and a few things that would need to be attended to,
    rhino-nocadspan-report.jpg

Our solution is to use CADspan (www.cadspan.com) to resurface the model and elminate these items. It could be done in Magics, but was much faster to just resurface.

rhino-cadspan-report.jpg

All said, 15 minutes or so from the export time to resurfacing in CADspan total. The solid CADspan mesh could be shelled if necessary.

Great stuff! We will be working out a fixed rate pricing structure for Zbrush models as a result of the plugin.

plans@lgm3d.com

Does anybody know any 3d printing companies, what their quotes are?

Member Follow User Gallery

Omg Zbrush > All

Default Wow know if only we could afford 3D prints!

There are a lot of 3D printers now, but most are either too expensive or too low res to be worth it.

IT seems like the usual quote is at LEAST $100 per square INCH!!!

That's pretty insanely expensive. It's still geared towards big business, no the hobby market.
    ITS is a possessive pronoun its color, its shape, its size
    IT'S is a contraction of the words IT and IS It's nice = it is nice, It's fun = it is fun

YOUR is a possessive pronoun Your face, your car, your thoughts
    YOU'RE is a contraction of the words YOU and ARE you're wrong = you are wrong, you're nice = you are nice

Usually when you type IT'S, you really mean ITS
    and when you type YOUR, you really mean YOU'RE.

Pixologic Follow User Gallery

pigumon: do some search here at ZBC and you will find that you can find cheaper prices for the printing
    Pixologic official: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | tumblr
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

Default 3D printing company

I used to be a principal partner with a company called Paradigm Development Group that has hi-res Objet printers. They are just outside Chicago. (I'm no longer with them but that's another story). I know a big issue in how we used to price models was in data handling. We'd get native ZTL files or STL's with serious issues that needed repair. The point is there was a LOT of work & expensive software that went into turning those files into buildable databases. I wrote a tutorial (see my link below) explaining the pipeline to try to help users provide good files. With the decimation & STL export plugins all that work is no longer required so the pricing should come down considerably. I know the machines & materials are still crazy expensive but that seems to get a little better every year. Also, you typically get better prices in volume so if you have a lot of files or can hook up with some other modelers who want to get prints done you can save some $$$. There's quite a few other places out there but I know these guys personally & they're good guys. Give them a try.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast