Note: all plugins are now included with the ZBrush 4R7 installer. If you did not install a plugin then run the installer again.
For the latest information see the online docs here : http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/zbrush-plugins/
With 3DPrint Exporter you will be able to export your favorite ZTool in STL and VRML file formats, opening you to the world of 3D Printing.
Who has never dreamed about having your virtual sculpting in "real" 3D, standing on your desk? Now it's possible for you to print your ZBrush models:
- Sculpt your art with ZBrush
- Optimize if needed your model with the Decimation Master plugin
- Export it with 3D Print Exporter
"The new decimation and STL exportation tools have filled the weakest link in my work flow from creation to fabrication. you could spend many thousands of dollars and not get a better decimator or translator."
- Export in STL, Binary and Ascii.
- Export in VRML.
- Size in Inches and millimeters.
- Export the current or all the SubTools.
T.S. Wittelsbach - House of Wittelsbach - Jeweller
"The 3D Print Exporter continues to save my life on a daily basis. The quality I'm able to get out of ZBrush as a usable file that my other programs can handle has made me a happy camper. You have just opened up a new world for me!."
Adam Ross - Idol Workshop
"Finally! - a direct export from ZBrush to print format! This tool will help decrease the time it takes to get a ZBrush sculpture ready for 3d print production, and open up the services of most 3D Printing Service Bureaus."
Bill Henderson - Creative Director - Offload Studios Inc.
"Going from the final design to rapid protoyping ready parts has been a timely production within itself... That has now been eliminated with Decimation Master and the 3D Printer Exporter plugin for ZBrush. The ability to go directly from ZBrush to a optimized scaled prototype part, eliminating any other software in between, is priceless. Once again Pixologic turns the technical to art."
Jason Lopes - Senior Systems Engineer - Legacy Effects
Model Courtesy of Adam Ross
Check out these threads related to 3D Printing!
- The Sky Fisherman
- T.S.Whittelsbach's Jewelry Sketchbook
- Hulk Miniature
- Sweet Mary Jane
- Rapid Prototyping and ZBrush in the Arts
- Indiana Jones Crystal Skulls
- Spiderman Venom
This plugin is available for Windows
You can get it from the Download Center.
(The Mac version will be released within 30 days)
If you have any questions please post them in the Support forum here.
To Install 3D Print Exporter
To Use 3DPrint Exporter
- Quit ZBrush
- Extract the zip file to a temporary folder.
- Copy the PrintingExporter.zsc to your ZPlugs folder. With a default installation, it will be found at C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs.
- Also copy the PrintingExporterData folder and its contents to the ZPlugs folder.
- On PC, If needed, launch the vcredist_x86.exe (or vcredist_x64.exe for 64-bit versions of Windows). Both are included in the Troubleshoot Help folder of the plugin’s extracted archive.
- Launch ZBrush.
- Open the Zplugin palette. There you will find a 3D Printing Exporter menu, containing the new plugin’s features.
- Load a ZTool to export, like the Demo Soldier and in the ZPlugin palette, open the 3D Print Exporter menu.
- Activate or not the All SubTool option if needed.
- Click on the “Update Size Ratios” button to grab the ZTool bounding box size.
- Change one of the three slider to define the size of the object to export, depending on the units’ chosen by clicking on the “in” or “mm” button.
- When it’s done, click on the file format you want to export.
The Pixologic Crew