With Decimation Master you will be able to easily reduce the polygon count of your models in a very efficient way while keeping all their sculpted details. This solution is one of the fastest available and is able to optimize your high polycount models from ZBrush, allowing you to export them to your other 3D software packages.
Sculpt your model with ZBrush, add all your small details and push your artistic skills, then optimize your ZTool. Export it to your favorite 3D package which will now be able to open your sculpting to create specific textures like Normal Maps or Ambient Occlusion maps by baking the high resolution mesh information on a low resolution mesh.
Another use is to export your model for a Rapid Prototyping process (3D printing) and bring your virtual art to a real object but also displaying your model in a real-time viewer such as PDF 3D. The possibilities are infinite!
- High quality optimization with accuracy details.
- Two different optimizations for a better control of the result.
- Optimization based on the polypainting information
- Support of Masks for details protection.
- Border protections.
- Support of the symmetry and partial symmetry.
- Optimization of your UVs for exporting models for 3D Color printing
- Export all SubTool as one OBJ file
- Clone all SubTools
Click to enlarge - Model Courtesy of Epic Games
“I've really enjoyed working with the Pixologic team during the development of Decimation Master. The results are very clean, and the plug-in makes the process of getting models from ZBrush back into 3ds Max as painless as possible. I love the ability to process all SubTools at once, and then dump them all out into a single .obj file. Decimation Master is now an integral part our pipeline because it saves a lot of time, and allows us to process an insane amount of detail at a fraction of the original poly count.”
Shane Caudle, Technical Art Director, Epic Games
"I have been decimating everything today and taking it all into Mental Ray for renders, HOLY CRAP!!!
What a time saver!!! The masking rocks as well! I will most likely be using it this week for some 3D prints. I have only scratched the surface but this is going to be one of my favorites!!!"
Scott Patton - Lead Character Designer, Legacy Effects
"The Decimation Master plugin for ZBrush not only helped speed up production time, its results were of a consistently higher final output quality. The ability to mask areas and preserve resolution after decimation is nothing short of incredible!"
Brandon Fayette - Lead Artist, Bad Robot Productions
"If ZBrush is a rock factory, Decimation Master is the catapult: 2.000.000 points down to 100.000 without noticeable difference… You really have to press the wireframe button to believe it!"
"It was definitively the missing plugin in our previous production pipeline for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter; using Decimation Master now greatly improves quality and efficiency for our next games."
Vincent Delassus - Art Technical Director, Ubisoft Paris
"This works beautifully - the on-the-fly ability to adjust quality level works great and the resulting fidelity preservation is unbelievable! The Decimation Master is better than any reduction tool we've seen available with regard to details and speed; it grants the ability to efficiently work with any level of mesh density with precise control over quality."
Matt Vogt - Artist, Offload Studios Inc.
"This plugin is essential for rendering or printing in 3D. With this tool you can easily achieve the 250 MB file size requirement of 3D printers. Decimation Master makes it possible to freely work on your models with over 15 or even 20 million polygons for high resolution detailing, than transform the model to a medium or low resolution while retaining the same best-resolution details! In other words, you can convert 20 million polygons to 2 million. Decimation Master is an amazing tool!"
Alonso Varela - Green Apple Workshop.
"The Decimator is allowing us to work much more efficiently with ZBrush tools that have insanely high poly counts! The detail that we are able to maintain in the 3D printing process will yield some of the most amazing tactual 3d sculpts ever seen!"
Bill Henderson - Creative Director - Offload Studios Inc.
Click to enlarge - Model Courtesy of Damien Canderle
Click to enlarge - Models Courtesy of Apple Green Workshop
This plugin is available for WINDOWS
You can get it from the Download Center.
(The Mac version will be released within 30 days.)
If you have any questions please post them in the Support forum here.
To Install Decimation Master
To Use Decimation Master
- Quit ZBrush
- Extract the zip file to a temporary folder.
- Copy the DecimationMaster.zsc to your ZPlugs folder. With a default installation, it will be found at C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs.
- Also copy the DecimationMasterData folder and its contents to the ZPlugs folder.
- If needed, launch the vcredist_x86.exe (or vcredist_x64.exe for 64-bit versions of Windows). Both are included in the Troubleshoot Help folder of the plugin’s extracted archive.
- Launch ZBrush.
- Open the Zplugin palette. There you will find a Decimation menu, containing the new plugin’s features.
- Set your options if needed.
- If you have one ZTool, press the “Preprocess current” button to launch the optimization computing. If you want to optimize several SubTools at once, press the “Preprocess all” button.
- When it’s done, choose a quality and press “Decimate” or “Decimate all”, depending of the previous step.
The Pixologic Crew