ZBrushCentral

Weekly Sketch Group(Topic#7 - Anthropomorphic Reptile, Amphibian, or Crustacean)

[color=Yellow]The topic of this week’s zSketch challenge is…
"Anthropomorphic Reptile, Amphibian, or Crustacean "

You’re challenge is to display human characteristics with a reptile, amphibian, or crustacean from this list of 10…

1. Frogs
  2. Alligators
  3. Snakes
  4. Toads
  5. Crocodiles
  6. Salamanders
  7. Turtles/ Tortoises
  8. Lobsters
  9. Crabs
  10. Krill

Try to keep them more similar to animals than to humans. Don’t lose the animal characteristics while adding the human ones.

You might feel limited by the list of ten but each of these creatures has multiple variations (Look at snakes, there are cobras, vipers, anacondas and tons more…). You literally have hundreds and hundreds of possibilities.

[color=Yellow]The Deadline For This Topic Is:
Wednesday, June 3rd
[color=Cyan]Post any work you are doing on the topic and please feel welcome to give constructive criticism to anyone who asks for it.[color=Yellow]

[color=Lime]

The images below are images of anthropomorphic creatures in popular culture.

Attachments

Refsz0.jpg

Streetsharks.jpg

1172997790_battletoads_double_dragon.jpg

CrashBandicootWallpaper1024.jpg

I’m hip for this but I want my Goblin to get some equipment, a pedestal, and a pose first lolz. I can already see a mean ass croco-human

Yeah take your time on the other one! Still got a week on that and a full two weeks on this.

I’m probably going to go with a crustacean but I’m not sure yet…

count me in. just making my mind up wich one i’m going to go for

aight so stuck like crazy on my Goblin so thought I would start this up

Quick mesh cause i cant sleep lolz
[croco-human-1.jpg]

is that some Battletoads i see up there? lol

what about the trandoshans like Bossk from SW:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bossk

Orkan, Looking good man! Looks like a salamander or lizard, correct? Haha please, excuse me if I’m wrong it’s still early in its development.

J.Fernwright, Hell yes! How could I leave out Battletoads?!

Space, Although I had to look them up, I was familiar with them after I saw a picture. Yeah, anything like that is excellent. I actually forgot to put lizards on the list but they are free game also.

okay i can’t resist, and to make it worse i’m going to try one of each type, amphibian(Rygel), reptile(Bossk) and crustacean, starting with the last. good old Dr.John, i also made a zmovie to show how it was made, i had to stop because masking stopped working correctly, and then the second movie i was recording was lost in a crash. about 3hrs of work so far. the base is supposed to look like a transporter pad, but it needs more work too. some minor touch up needed iin the eyes and painting, and to make his stethoscope. off to bed.
drjohn.jpg

Hahahaha Zoidberg! :+1: Nice.

Well i’m done with this for now, if i missed something let me know. On to Bossk next.
ZBrush-Document4.jpg

hey space very nicely executed as a whole really like the feel to this piece simple but effective in your forms… and also thanks for the video to bad your other video crashed on you while recording the process of Zoidberg… lets just call it another zbrush bug to add to the already long list…lol

looking forward to who you do next… :wink:

Troy, Thanks, i was basing him on my action figure.
heres a quick test trying to figure out how i’m going to deal with the scales.

Attachments

scalefeathertest.jpg

about an hours of work, really not happy with it, i’m not looking forward to dealing with transpose master once i start making all the subtools.:rolleyes:

Attachments

ZBrush-Document.jpg

double post.

as i said “perhaps”, also 3 of my favorite characters popped in my mind when i saw this challenge.
and if you must know, it was your use of MR once again that had/has put me off, i think these challenges should be about zbrush, and to challenge oneself to do the things we do in other programs here, basemeshs, rendering etc.
i don’t mean to offend you, it is my own issue, and one i even had with the official Action Hero contest.

spaceboy, did’nt mean to offend you. All my comments were made in jest as you should know by now. I’ve taken all the Mental Ray stuff off the challenges pages. This was one of the only things lately that was fun…when it stops being fun…:frowning:

no pride don’t leave, i wasn’t offended and didn’t mean to offend you, please put your work back up. as i said it is my own thoughts on the issue, there are no certain rules that are listed. you should just do as you want and have fun. its my problem not yours.

It’s probably better that you both got all of that out of the way.

It’s just nice to see so much participation lately and the different techniques are really fun to watch. Hopefully neither of you end up leaving because I have a lot to learn from both of you.

I’ve narrowed my sculpt down to either crab or lobster…
I should have free time to work on it after tomorrow. I’m exited :).

well i feel bad and was not going to say anything. anyway don’t know if i’ll do more.
look forward to your piece Dribble you need to do more for these challenges, i still think weekly is too short to even get people to notice the thread.
hopefully troy can join in too.