ZBrushCentral

Dmitrij Leppée Sketchbook

Hello Zbrush community!
I’ve finished school of Applied Arts And design at the graphics department, have sculpting, painting, drawing, anatomy training, and am currently a student at the Academy of fine arts on the Animation department, and am working on my final project, a short animated film which includes models of a realistic human brain and a heart, that are still wip.

I work with Lightwave 3D, 3Ds max (I started with max but found out that I’m more at home modeling more organic objects in lightwave, so I’m using max for rigid models and animation, and lightwave for more organic models such as this heart), After Effects, Adobe Premiere, and as of recently Zbrush. (Also I draw and sculpt with real pencils and clay :laughing:)

Clay model photograph
attachment

Clay Mefisto - character for a short clay-animated film that I never mad
attachment-1

Horse
attachment-2

I was just introduced to zbrush and am eager to take it to the max.

Here is a model of the heart, crated in Lightwave, textured and mutilated on my first date with Zbrush :slight_smile: pretty much just me exploring the program with no reference. Am currently studying tutorials of Digital tutors. BTW Background and compositing was a combination of after effects and photoshop.

Any comments are encouraged, suggestions as well.

cherub

attachment-3 attachment-4

Attachments

attachment-4.jpg

attachment-3.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment-2.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

3 Likes

It’s a shiny afternoon here, and I’m enjoying it experimenting with zbrush. So this is my first model I’ve done completely from scratch in Zbrush, it represents a head of Death of Rats, a Discworld character. Work time: 15 minutes

dor

Attachments

dor.jpg

Hope I’m not stepping on any toes with this one, if am please inform me and I’ll remove this one submission.

So, it’s my first day with z brush, and my second model, and I’m having a lot of fun with it. I’ll have to get on with studying tutorials and developing my brain and heart models, lest I drown in the sea of possibilities :slight_smile:

Hi there, I still haven’t found the time to look over the tutorials, but am exploring by myself inspired by outstanding work published on this forum. So here is my 2nd zbrush model, which started as a skull of a cat and ended up being some kind of a rotten turtle-snake’s head. Work time: I dunno, a couple of hours.

snake
vodoriga

Right’s a washed of gargoyle somewhat like Gaudi

gargouille

For those unfamiliar with the work of Gaudi, here’s one of his sculptures
http://www.utip.info/cheesetoastie/images/artists/gaudi_lizard.jpg

I’ve uploaded the cat version, with some after effects effects.
death_of_cat

Attachments

snake.jpg

death_of_cat.jpg

vodoriga.jpg

gargouille.jpg

gaudi.jpg

please look over the tutorials…please

It’s that bad, huh? :smiley: I will, first next thing to do.

Hey cherub

Like the texture on the heart…
close ups of turtle are hard to figure out whats happenin …I suggest starting to get you big volumes right first

I know is a small image but looks cool … the after fx image …its when I realized it was a turtle head …so forms are working …just less detail for now :smiley:

Thanks for comments and suggestions Food, I’m an admirer of your work.
I know what you mean, I myself have trouble recognizing what’s what from time to time, but believe you me that I was in a zoo some time ago and they got this ancient giant turtle and seeing her I thought her ass was her face and her face was a rock :lol:

P.S. I won't be uploading more any time soon, starting with the tutorials and focusing on my film. See you all when it's done, or when I'm stuck for sos. Later, Cherub

…They look…well…detailed. But Im not quite sure what they are if you havent told me.

Well, anyone just gotta start somewhere.
Keep it up!

Thanks Zenneth! Chelonian mobile

:+1: Wow so cool

Thanks Overmind!

Very impressed by your world of imagination…

cool

Thank you very much Ryu!

Koolred, I’m blushing :smiley:

Alas, I’ve begun studying the tutorials, I know that I said I wouldn’t upload any time soon, but I made something for practice, and here it is.

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘141917’,‘1.jpg’,1,0))

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘141918’,‘2.jpg’,1,0))

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘141919’,‘3.jpg’,1,0))
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is fresh!
Most of the other people, inc me, try to start thing with human characters.
It`s nice seeing some variation for awhile.

Anyhow, looking good!

Thanks Zenneth! To explain why it’s not a human model - I am just following the tutorial of digital tutors of creating an alien insect (but am making my own different model), so that I could attain the techniqual knowledge of zbrush to create the models of heart and brain that I need for my short animation. I doubt that I’ll ever want to make human models, I’ve studied human anatomy for 10 years now and am pretty fed up with it :lol: …unless someone pays me :wink:

Cherub

Learning Subtools - the eyes