Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey! Thanks so much!

New Member Follow User Gallery

just finished the entire thread, what an amazing, inspiring thread!!! haven't you got the urge to do some animation with your sculpted models?

Hi Naima! I really appreciate you giving it a thorough read/look, and that it inspired you! Sure, I always think of animating, but I don't want to delve into it before I have the urge for definite story telling as a base, not a made up one as a means to do something, but a really heartfelt feeling for one. Currently though I don't have time for animated storytelling, even not enough time for static storytelling, that's why I mostly do faces I can do them quickly and tell a story through them. I soon hope to find more free time and give myself to broader and larger works, since time spent on a job doesn't give that freedom phisicaly nor mentally, and I just don't want to jump into creating a scene with robots which will displays different designs of weapons but have an underline that is always the same: hey see these cool robots they kill people, or another scenario: see these cool new totally made up species of alien, and my take on it where aliens don't do harm but help people That type of thing (fiction because of fiction) is not at all something I care about and I would love the time to create works that are not as superficial, works that provide things that are substantial, not things that are "fun" or "cool" and you move on to consume another fun and cool thing and so on. But I need freedom of thought before so I don't make something that's not my thing Cheers

P.S. I've made an example using robots because it is a teaser of what's currently growing inside me.

Dmitrij

New Member Follow User Gallery

thx for the quick reply

i completely understand your reasons, there's to much animation that display cool effects or cool models and the story is very weak, of course i'm talking about those who choose to work with a narrative scenario
    i do think it's a shame that many talented sculptors have to visualize somebody else ideas, i come from a fine art background, where the norm is you create your own world or concept and display it to the crowd,
    unfortunately the fine art world excludes many people, the more talented, the lesser change for success, i would love to see many works here on zcentral in galleries

but anyway, i'm looking forward to your potentially coming animation in the future

Cherub at his best! love it!
    An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it.- Paul Valery
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.milivojpopovic.com

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Great

Nice work, i have followed this since you started the thread. great to see how your work has improved very inspiring. keep it up.

Hey! Thanks Deathwish! I appreciate it.

Here's a not so recent study I did of our most famous singer

I'm done here, see you on facebook

Wha? Problems?

Haha, yeah the usual ones I have with zbc; a forum whose moderators interests are promotion of zbrush by using artists they find fit to promote their product. The only kind of art that is is business art, and by doing so public opinions are formed, luckily this doesnt cross borders of zbc. So I naturally have nothing in common with this kind of forum. Kudos to pixologic and zbrush itself though i'll support you as long as you do such an amazing job on the software. Bye

So how do we find you on FB? Like to follow your work. It gives me a good kick up the arse.

It's ok, found you

Cool Anyone else want's to be friends here's the link https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005535615557

Video

Most of you probably saw this on facebook, but here it is for anyone that might find use of it but missed it.

I've got some requests to do a recording of portrait sculpting, so I finally made a portrait recorded the whole thing (mostly since I've left out the minor tweaking stages).
    Everything is created using zbrush, with compositing in photoshop.

You can find the recordings here in 4 parts:

And a compositing breakdown + Zbrush lights here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vj4vr2hjc...rEuii7umhNObra

There will be a link to the torrent (higher quality bundle) a bit later, and I will edit this message and put it here so be sure to check it out.