ZBrushCentral

1.55b Zsphere Adaptive Hands and Feet: Raw Zscript tutorials

Hello all,
I thought I’d do some Zscripts on how to model adaptive skinned hands and feet out of Zspheres… It really isn’t too difficult.
I actually did these before pix’s post today so I thought this day would be a good day to post these.
Hope everyone finds some use for these!
Take care,
Michael
Pus_ADAPTfoothand_tutorials.ZIP

thnx M!!! I have worked on hands and feet all day and they came out less than desireable…I will run yer script in th emorning when I get home from work…thnx for sharing…just what I needed :+1: :+1: :+1:

My hero ~G~ Thanks so much. I’ve been playing with those the last few days. Some weren’t too bad… so I thought. Yours is perfect. Will study the script. Thanks muchly.

thanks pus for your tuts but there seems to be something wrong with the scripts,… heres the results of your scripts… hopefully we can get these tuts fixed,…

well thanx for making me lose sleep :slight_smile: just ran the hand script…couldnt wait…snicker…outfriggingstanding…I think is just what the doctor ordered for sure…will definitely give me somethin to play with tomorrow…but for now …thank you and good night… :slight_smile: and ditto Dlee :+1:

Thanks everyone… glad I could help!
Doc,
I’m not sure what is happening there… both scripts ran fine for me… Are you initializing Zbrush when you run the script?
If not, then you need to say yes when asked to initialize Zbrush. If that doesn’t work maybe they are getting corrupted in the .zip extractor that you use? Maybe? Let me know if initializing doesn’t work… Ok? It seems to be working allright for Ron. Strange things!
Michael

I ran them both and they worked fine here.

And are great.

Thanks for checking them Dlee,
Doc,
I think I know what is happening. You are probably using my old ver. 1.51 Adaptive Hand scripts found here.
These old ones do not work any more and are obsolete because Pix changed the Zsphere algorithm when he released version1.55b.
The new files are named:
pusADAPThandC.zsc & pusADAPTfootB.zsc
Delete the old pusadaptivehand files.
This should do it!
Take care,
Michael

nope… i re downloaded it and i get the same result,. i even deleted the old script,. and i get the same thing. something is wacky here maybe someone can tell me what is going on here,… could we have found a bug in zbrush…

I wish I could say Doc!?
I’m bewildered, perhaps Aurick or Pix can help us figure it out… hmmmn?!

Hi and thanks for the tutorial scripts, they are just great. I am a complete beginner having recently purchased Zbrush.

I have run both scripts and they work just fine with me.

There’s nothing better than to watch how others approach modeling to gain the confidence to attempt your own.
Thanks again Pusghetti

Hey thank you! I haven’t had a chance to run them yet, but I sure hope they work because I have tried this myself over and over again and I look forward to see what I am doing wrong! :smiley: Cause my hands & feet sure don’t look like this.

Hi Push
You Script works fine :slight_smile:
There was Magritte, now it’s PushG :slight_smile:
Bravo !
A little question : what is the time of the modeling ?
(because on my old computer your script is during a certain time :smiley: )
Pilou
Ps the 3 color’s feet are photos !

Great looking hands and feet!

May I give some artistic feedback? The thumb of the hand needs a little work. See the picture with the hand laying flat on the surface? Try placing your own hand the same way and look at the thumb. In the model, the thumbnail is facing upwards. You can make your own thumbnail face upwards too, but it hurts.

Also, the base of the thumb (that is, the first thumb joint, next to the wrist), needs to be pronounced more. The thumb is quite separate from the rest of the fingers.

Try looking at your own hand, straightened out like the model, and pay attention to the mass of the palm compared to the model. There needs to be more palm mass in the thumb side of the palm of the model.

The palm itself should be slightly curved, so that the back of the hand is slightly more pronounced. Actually, try grabbing an area that consists of the wrist and the middle of the palm and move it slightly towards the back , leaving the fingers and thumb where they are (if that made any sense).

Here, hope that helps (and doesn’t offend). :slight_smile:

Hi dr.jjwow. The source of this may be something in your config file. Please rename your UICustom.cfg and restart ZBrush. If the scripts then run correctly, email the config file to me so that we can investigate it.

Wonderful stuff Mike. Thanks! :+1: :+1: :+1:

i tryed to send my custom ui to you but your box is full so im posting it here now.UICustom.zip

Thanks to everyone for the comments… I’m glad you like the scripts.
Pilou,
The hand took about twenty minutes and the foot took about a half an hour.
Skaven252,
Thanks for the tips, I totally agree with your assessment and I appreciate your input. I modeled both the hand and the foot using no references, only memory. Unfortunately I already ended the script before I noticed that the hand was flat and a little out of whack. ;~) No big deal though… I was more focused on getting a relatively quick script for tutorial purposes than a perfect anatomical replica.
I hope they solve your problem Doc!
Take care all,
Michael

the foot script was awesome also…just made a hand using yer methods…closest thing to human hands I have done myself to date…long ways to go but I have a great road map thnx to you now…kudos

Hey Ron,
Those hands look real good! It sure is nice to see people appreciating these scripts!
Ahh, the wonder of Zspheres!
Gotta love em! ;~)
Take care,
Michael