ZBrushCentral

Mike Nash - MOBILE SUIT

Hey guys,
Here is a sculpt that I’ve been been working on, inspired by star-craft marine, I wanted to make my own version of it.

I'm probably going to leave this model as is, taking too much time to complete. 

Very complicated model since I’ve been making it so its able to be printed. So everything needs to be sealed and intersecting.
Still alot i dont like about it, But i think i have given up for now. All of its pure polys,every panel is separate bit. No ZBrush work yet.

[![srest.jpg|1200x1066](upload://ePqHF2FSAr3E8gFv6vVroR0b3Zs.jpeg)]

This is a really nice piece, it’s too bad you’re stopping on it.

That is insane! silly question, as I’m very new still to ZB, but why would you poly model all those surface details if you could just as well do them in ZB, much easier and faster?

I’m scared to know what you would do with it in ZB…

This would make one bad a$$ 3D print!

Friggin awesome!!

Shame you are leaving it but I do understand how certain models can seem to bog you down until you are left pining for a new model to work on.

Cheers guys,

I didn’t want to detail it all in zbrush since the polycount would be insane for 3d printing. Would have very hard time crunching down the polycount. Also i wasn’t sure on the design, So i wanted the model to be flexible.

Yeah i think for now I’ve had enough of this model, something like this takes long time to get results since its all in the details.

Maybe I will do some 3D characters sketches, much easier to pump something out :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve decide stat work on this again.
I thought i will start on a zerg look alike.
Only hr done on this so far, just light sketch up. Going to see if i can use two characters somehow
Removie for now

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: 5 strar !!

Nice work Kravit. I like Marine details!

holey ****ing ****. that first charicter is ****ing insane. awesome stuff.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

that is one bigass pump around his groin - what are all those pipes for? :lol:

very nice man, I love it!

Small update on his upper toros, just sorting out details.
[torso.jpg]

Very good modeling but i think the bottom could look more like a foot (elongated). Nothing that cant be fixed at this point. But i understand if you don’t want to change anything after all the hours you must have plowed into this… Keep it up.

Love it. Not a bad word to say, which for me is rare cos i’m a picky b-stard :slight_smile:

If you think that getting it ready for print is bad, wait till you have to get a print as complex as this ready for an RTV mould. Pushing a brush under every raised area to check that its filled and then setting about it with putty…JOY!

Cheers guys,

gtiber Yeah, i moved onto upper torso since i was having problems with the feet, Im sure to sort them out soon lol :stuck_out_tongue:

seth. Thanks, lol im Probably more picky hehe
Hey seth, sent you an PM RTV moulds

Awesome work, wat software did u use to create this?

@ Kravit, message read and replied :slight_smile:

I have done a really attrocious paintover of the areas that I would cut and most of the fill parts on this piece at the link below, I didn’t want to throw it into the post incase it appears on the row above :o

edit I guess that A mod changed it to a picture? anyway all’s cool

[attach=138832]cutexample.jpg[/attach]

there is a SBS that I will try to find of A guy that modeled his figure ready for RTV inside maya and did a straight print to mould…fantastic stuff.

Attachments

cutexample.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what is an RTV model or mould? I’m loving the top part :+1:

hey feder!co, RTV means room temperature vulcanisation, its the proper name for the silicone moulds used when casting resin and other such polymers.

This is the article that I was talking about, got the link through a friend :slight_smile:
http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials_3/makingof_mary_jane/sweet_mary_01.asp

fantastic stuff, probably been posted on these boards a few times already!

cool thanks for the info. look forward to an update :+1: