ZBrushCentral

Cícero D'Avila - "Cariátide Ruiva"

Hi,

This is the first project in wich I’m working with the help of the technology.

The piece was previously modeled with water based clay. Then a plaster cast was taken from the clay model and it has been scanned and I had to rework it with ZBrush to correct a lot of imperfections due to the scanning process.

After that the piece was digitally carved in a carrara marble block by a carving robot, but the result wasn’t satisfactory. At the moment I’m working to try to put back on the marble sculpture the same freshness and details of the initial model.

Usually I the process of trasformation of a clay sculpture to marble is done through an artesanal process with a ponting machine, this process is used since the ancient greek period. This is my first experience on using a tecnological media to demystify the idea that the technology works out absolutely perfect by itself.

I must admit that I got very disappointed because the work I’m doing now to get the job done is much bigger and unprecise than the conventional way. But I confess that it has been a good experience due the fact of working with something completely new to me.

By the way, I’m loving working with ZBrush and soon I’ll post some models created with it.

I hope you like it.

Clay model

Plaster Model

ZBrush Model

Initial Marble Sculpture

Marble on the rework process

gesso_01.jpggesso_02.jpgzbCariatide_01_Boa.jpgzbcomparacao.jpgzbcomparacao2.jpgzbCariatide_08_.jpgmarmore_01.jpgmarmore_02.jpgmarmore_03.jpgmarmore_04.jpgmarmore_05.jpgmarmore_06.jpgmarmore_07.jpgargila.jpgZBC_THUMB.jpg

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you. :+1: :+1:

Utterly fantastic! I must say I like the plaster piece the best. Perfect form of the female body. I got a flutter when I first saw the plaster.

Thanks for sharing, I realy love the plaster model. :+1:

great sculpture!

beautiful work and interesting process! Top row stuff :+1:

unique idea and the result still looks fantastic even if you did have problems will your robot :wink:

great stuff

Wow. You the man! Awesome stuff! :+1:

fantastic work. your a telented artist.
steve

Thanks for sharing this very interesting method. Lovely sculpture!

Yes, very interesting… I will contacting you soon :slight_smile:

Truly artistic work, well done Cicero! for everybody fed up with monstrous bulky critters, your sculptures are an oasis for the eyes.

Great work!!
Best regards, Selwy

Beautiful stuff! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Cicero.
You are an amazing artist man! A huge inspiration for me. Its great to see your stuff here!

Thats a coincidence, i am going to visit your workshop and try to start your course on next monday! Cant wait!

Take care.

Rafael

That is a very interesting process.

Thanks a lot for sharing the results with us. That’s unfortunate that the process from digital to marble didn’t go very well… But, judging by your skills, it should be pretty fast for you to fix the issues on the marble figure :slight_smile:

Great work!

Thanks everybody,

I am really enjoying to be part of this forum. High level and so kind people. I hope you understand I am not an expert in Zbrush like most of you. I will try to make my best for the future. Regards,

Cicero D’Ávila - Brazil

As i said before ,you are a true master and the prove that a background in traditional art is the KEY!

Very happy to see you finally here master

Alex Oliver

Hey cicero!
Its been awhile, I hope you’ve been well!
I’m happy to see your work around here! Awesome model by the way!