Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Well I did a lot of tweaking and still not completely happy about his eyes for some reason. Nose and mouth feel a lot better. Other then that I tweaked the lighting and added dirt and scratches to him as well as some hair on his arms.

I've also added a screengrab from my basemesh where you can see I went quite far in Maya before heading to ZBrush.

Indy_endday.jpg wireframe.jpg

And this is the direction I'm heading in:

indy_WIP.jpg

Still much to do...

Cheers, M

Indy_endday_thumb.jpg
    Last edited by Maxim_fleury; 04-23-09 at 12:36 AM.
    ---

htttp://vimeo.com/maximfleury

Minds, like parachutes, work only when open

Member Follow User Gallery

Its looking a bit better, especially from the angle (looking up at his face) you have him in your last posted image, yet the likeness is still not quite all the way there. Judging from your head close-ups, it looks like you could still add a lot more detail in the face (why not? It's ZBrush!). I know what your probably thinking, "but the final image will never be that close!", however, I think the detail will still read from a distance when the light hits it. Also, a spec map would do wonders in selling the skin textures. Right now, the skin looks a bit too flat and dull, you need to show the oils, sweat, dirt, 3 day old beard, and blood that come along with adventuring! Keep up the great work!!

it feels very much like the poster now, well done!
    u could probably enhance the skin around his eyes to make it even better.
    just a suggestion , cheers

I just spent a bit more time looking at your image, and some other harrison ford images.

I noticed your model was pretty much lacking a adams apple! It's there in the head shots, but not in the full body shots. Ford's adams apple is fairly prominent. Also, take a look at how the fat outside and above each eye droops down when he squints, and also how the bags bunch up. (http://tranarproducts.com/MoviePoste...0of%20Doom.JPG)

As well, his chin has a bit more of a "butt" than your model shows, and just above, he has that distinctive scar.

His cheek bones are also a bit more prominent than what your model shows.

Looking at his lips, his lips are a slightly more defined, and his lower lip is more "flat" if you were to look at him straight on, whereas your model shows it moving up to the corners of his mouth too quickly.

Your revised model has a better nose indeed, but it still looks like it lacks the odd bend he has below the bridge. It is more obvious in the Raiders poster here: (http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/raidersrolledjune07.jpg) and in this photo: (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D72%26um%3D1)

Also, you might want to tone down his chest hair a little.

I hope this helps!

Hey Max and omni, thanks for the comments. I think you're absolutely right max, more detail is the way to go. There is actually more detail then the big headshot I showed earlier (that was actually how far I took it in Maya, no detail added yet) but it needs more for a better specular (again there is specular but he needs to be more sweaty, defintlty).

Now that bend on the nose, I never noticed that but I can see it now, good eye I actually changed the lips after looking at the sculpt pic teyon send and some other reference pics. I'll have a look again because the face needs to be spot on. Also the fat around his eyes is the key I think.

I really appreciate the input guys, helps tons! I'm gonna work a bit on the background now because I worked on his face yesterday and variaty is king, hehe

Cheers, M
    ---

looks way better then before, if you'll add more detail it will be really good.

it is looking a lot better. I really like what you did with the cut on his lip and the bruise on his face. I am also liking the way you have him in the image, with the pillars. Keep it up.

Thanks adio and tintop, working on that detail

Here's an update with a lot of work done on the pillars and vines around him. Still need to do some work on it but I'm pretty happy with the way it's going. Tomorrow I'm gonna concentrate on his face add much needed detail and finally nail that likeness (I hope)

end_day.jpg

Hope you guys like it,

M

end_day_thumb.jpg
    Last edited by Maxim_fleury; 04-24-09 at 12:11 AM.
    ---

New Member Follow User Gallery

Man that looks great, coming along nicely. A few critiques for the face; add the scar on his chin (maybe I can't see it because of the image size), also on your model the bottom of the eyelids look like they are a little upturned like he's squinting (if this is on purpose then mission accomplished, maybe because in your render he's looking up but in the poster he's looking at the viewer). Other than those nit picky things, great job.

Ok last update, worked on his face, sweat (hehe) and put some extra detail in the Background. I might revisit it later to put some more detail in it in the form of bugs crawling around and maybe some branches in the foreground just to add a little more depth. But for now I'm calling it finished.

Care to comment, I made a big render

This was a fun project which gave me the chance to get up close with one of my childhood heroes.

As always,

Cheers, M

IndyDoom_thumb.jpg

IndyDoom_up.jpg

Last edited by Maxim_fleury; 04-24-09 at 08:35 AM.
    ---

Really good.

I have one crit, his eyes!

He has a crazy strange look to his eyes, that scare me lol.

Rad. You did a really nice job on this! Great job, the improvements really paid off! One last little crit I have is the way you "posed" his left eye (the right eye in the image) makes him look a little worried...

What was your technique for the vines? I love the way they turned out!

Thanks guys! Yeah I know the eyes... Damn they are giving me some problems. i will have one more pass when I have some time. It's that last little bit...

@Maxsunset, the vines, yeah they turned out nice right? I was pretty pleased with them myself. It's just simple tubes I modeled in Maya then brought to ZBrush and sculpted them. Then they were rendered with displacement and a wood texture, nothing fancy really. But I've been using Headus UVlayout and I have to say that prohram is fantastic and gives you really nice UV's so maybe that has something to do with it

Cheers and untill the update! Appreciate the input.

M
    ---

Just tubes huh? They kind of looked like paint fx vines... I'll have to give headus a try...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12