ZBrushCentral

Weekly Sketch Group(Topic#5 - Modern Gods)

[color=Yellow]The topic of this week’s zSketch challenge is…
“Modern Gods”

[color=Yellow]The Deadline For This Topic Is: Wednesday, April 15th [color=Cyan]Post any work you are doing on the topic and please feel welcome to give constructive criticism to anyone who asks for it.[color=Yellow]

Please feel free to suggest topics, I’ll check all of these posts and keep a list from now on.

This is a little heavy, but might serve as inspiration. I just did a search for “modern gods”:

http://www.robertmihaly.com/pantheon.htm

Woah, some of that work is pretty interesting. Cool site :+1:

Just wondering what would define a modern god?

Open for interpretation. Anything you want to work with.

I Know he’s not a modern god but its the only thing i could think of.
my interpretation of Poisideon.
This is only the second Model i’ve posted on here and i’m still very new to 3D modelling and Zbrush so any advice would be greatly appreciated because any advice can only make my models better and help me learn.
Many thanks and i hope you like it.
Ryan.
Poisideon head.JPEG

Attachments

Poisideon side.JPEG

Poisideon.JPEG

Poseidon and his weapon both look excellent.
The wave looks a little choppy but overall it’s very cool.

I was thinking of either a old style “god” that would represent a modern thing (I’m hopeing to sketch Petraboreas Pentas–the 5 Freeway–but I have a more solid idea for a god of the internet…), or a vision of what an old style “god” would look like now. I dig the Poseidon above, but I’ve always thougth that nowadays he’s one of the only ones still doing well, as sailors are extremely superstitious and grateful to Neptunus Rex for safety at sea. Also, he has a good income in the form of all the sunglasses and watches that go overboard every day :smiley:

I better get cracking…

Thanks for the comments guys.
I’m very new to the 3d modeling world so any poiners at all would be great.
I’ve been looking through the tutorials and all the amazing art on show i’ve been in total awe at most of the work and was scared to post the work i was doing as its not any where near there level.

Thanks again Ryan.