ZBrushCentral

Weekly Zsketch Group (Topic#4-Ultimate Weapon/Legacy Weapon)

[color=Yellow]The topic of this week’s zSketch challenge is…
“Ultimate Weapon/Legacy Weapon”

Think “What is the ultimate weapon?” it doesn’t matter if it’s high-tech, modern, sci-fi, or fantasy. This is the first prop based challenge and I am urging everyone (All two of you
:lol:) to go nuts on it.

[color=Yellow]The Deadline For This Topic Is: Wednesday, April 8th [color=Cyan]Post any work you are doing on the topic and please feel welcome to give constructive criticism to anyone who asks for it.[color=Yellow]

Please feel free to suggest topics, I’ll check all of these posts and keep a list from now on.

Well… that was fun.

It may be that I’m a slow poke, but the thing that grabbed me initially was the idea of doing SKETCHES. That is, quick little studies. Not fully concepted complex ideas that implied a full model. Something like a bust trying to show “anger” or “beauty” or “badassitude”. Or a gesture. These things are sketches to me.

Maybe if the themes were broader, people could choose which small element to sketch to play with that. For example, if we say “Moby Dick”, you can do a study of Ahab’s head, or Queequeg’s tattooed face, or a harpoon, or a whole page of harpoons, or a monster whale, or a space whale, or the coin Ahab nails to the mast…

Would that help? It’s a mental block, maybe.

Also, this thread is a cool idea and I would have liked to sketch something for the last 2, but have been swamped–so take this post with a pillar of salt.

And, uh, if you’re looking for suggestions of themes, how about “Modern Gods” or “Humanimals (like in Dr. Moreau)”.

Sounds good! I’ll try this again…

I’ll use your idea of “Modern gods”

Oh crap. Money-where-your-mouth-is time, I guess :smiley: Better bust out the stylus and put Fallout 3 away for a while…

Haha that’s a tough game to put away…