Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Kevin Johnstone,
    No, I haven't read the Alan Moore's Promethea series of comic books but I wiki'ed them and they do look quite fascinating,, quite a mix of things.

you said; I like the indian mythology, its one of the closest surviving relatives to the beliefs of the celtic mythology that I'm most interested in.

Yes, some believe that there was a time long ago when the Indian Vedic civilization was found to be world-wide and it definitely nourished the many indigenous civilizations including the Celtic traditions of the British isles. Roman invaders to these lands sought to destroy the cultural integrity of the celtics. What elements of the celtic tradition survived this onslaught of new ideology were forced underground.. Later as Christianity spread over the land the Christian church apparently built many of its churches right over the same sites where once stood the celtic temples. Giving some kind of back-handed appreciation of what the Celtics had going for them.

I'm new to Zbrush and learning the very basics for now, but can I ask you if once you are satisfied with your models are they passed onto another department for someone else to colour etc. Or you do complete the whole package and then pass them on....

Many thanks...I'm sure I've shot up a few of those in the hospital courtyard.

Hey Folks,

Thanks again for all the encouraging words, I will make time for inidividual replies and explanations on the next update... need to not sit at the PC tonight !

ZBC_THUMB.jpg
    COG_Hospital_cobbles.jpg

COG_Hospital_Bricks2.jpg

COG_Hospital_YardTrim.jpg

amazing work. I really like the brickwork in the first image.
    Character animator - Virtual Basement
    Available for freelance

My Site

Superb! I love the design of the environment. The snakes look really great! How long did it take you?

Thanks for sharing your work Kevin, there's some great ref for inspiration in a set of encylopedia's called Man, Myth and Magic.

I'm sure you are very busy, based on the amount of architecture I've seen in GOWII, so I hope you don't mind me posting this link, for all of the people that are asking how you do this and that.

This is a link to Sebastien LeGrain's Architecture tutorial, it's the 2nd one down.

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/

Member Follow User Gallery

wow these pieces are great

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default details, details, details

Insane detail. love it.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Fantastic work, as expected! I wonder what was the budget for this game
    My updated portfolio
    My sketchbook
    My 3d prints
    Available for full time / freelance job

Wow... thats all I have to say.
    Blogfolio: gcallahan.com

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up As usual very good job !

Excellent ! ...like the game...so logically 5 stars from me

sweeeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Johnstone
    Vedanta:

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that one about that one, I'll need to google those names, they sound indian, I like the indian mythology, its one of the closest surviving relatives to the beliefs of the celtic mythology that I'm most interested in.

Have you ever read Alan Moore's Promethea series of comic books? Theres some great stuff in this vein in there, she wields a caduceus sure, but its more a story about the nature of inspiration and the true meaning of magic and its use in interpreting the world around us in terms of symbolism.
    Some great work there Kevin! It's always really cool to hear from people here who actually are workign on well-known properties or are well known themselves.

Also, Old mythology of any culture is fascinating and always interesting to learn about.

I'm glad you posted some of your workflow for us - any chance of a few step by step pictures of different stages of something you've worked on?

all the stuff for Gears looks awesome! Love the Hospital staff and the little details on everything. I ask this of many people but it's always interesting to know: about what subdivision level do you get down to?

Working my way toward proper individual answers, spent the time on making a step by step on the hospital construction, a lot asked about workflow.

ZBC_THUMB.jpg

Workflow01.jpg

Workflow02.jpg

Workflow03.jpg

Workflow04.jpg

Workflow05.jpg

Workflow06.jpg

And one of the Roofs -

COG_Hospital_DecoRoof1.jpg

wow, thank you for breaking that down. I am definitely going to use these as reference. Very good work on the environment, and great work on the game. Thanks again.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast