ZBrushCentral

Weekly Sketch Group (Topic#3-Alien Parasite Mutates Animals)

[color=Yellow]The topic of this week’s zSketch challenge is…
“Alien Parasite Mutates Animals”

"After participating in the first successful voyage to Mars, the crew of N.A.S.A’s ‘Venture IV’ returned to earth, but they weren’t alone…

Within weeks of their return, reports of animal attacks and mutations flooded the airwaves. Multiple specimens were captured and, after careful research, they were found to be infected by an alien parasite. The parasite caused it’s animal host to visibly mutate, lose all self control, become overly aggressive, and was completely contagious through blood and saliva contact."

Probably cheesy but I think it will be a fun topic for everyone to work around…

As soon as I get some free time I am going to do some sketches to try and get an idea of what animal I want to mutate. Feel free to go crazy with the mutations, I want to see how everyone interprets this topic…

[color=Yellow]The Deadline For This Topic Is:
Wednesday, April 1st
[color=Cyan]Post any work you are doing on the topic and please feel welcome to give constructive criticism to anyone who asks for it.[color=Yellow]

Please feel free to suggest topics, I’ll check all of these posts and keep a list from now on.

Alien Parasites have started to make unusual changes in the larger critters.
Zbrush for the fuzz, demo rhino for the shape.

[[attach=134361]Fuzzerocerous.jpg[/attach]]Fuzzerocerous.jpg

http://www.branchy.com/photos/africa/2004.01.09.12.57.42_rhino.jpg for image.

A fuzzy Rhino… That would be both adorable and terrifying…

Damn, was making a deer and ran into a ton of problems. I’m going to scrap what I had and start again in a bit.

This is what I scrapped…
Deer.jpg

It reminds me of Bambi when he’s first learning how to walk :slight_smile:

Haha I could definitely see that. I originally had a metallic looking matcap on it and it looked like something H.R. Geiger would make lol.
I’m still fumbling around a bit with this program but every week I learn something new. Very versatile and fun program.

I checked out your sketchbook Dustin, looks excellent.
I love the dinosaur.
You gonna participate in some of these challenges?

Man, This is an unpopular challenge lol.

Anybody got any ideas for next weeks?

A fuzzy rhino and a mutant skinless deer…:lol:
I think…cut our losses and call it a day.