ZBrushCentral

Weekly Sketch Group (Topic#1-The Forest King)

I’ll start this out since everyone has been waiting for quite a while…

[color=Yellow]The topic of this week’s zSketch challenge is…
“The Forest King”

Feel free to interpret this topic in any way you see fit… Should be a lot of easy ideas off of this one.

The Deadline For This Topic Is:
Wednesday, March 18th
Post any work you are doing on the topic and please feel welcome to give constructive criticism to anyone who asks for it.

On March 18th, I will add a poll to this post that includes the names of everyone who has participated.
We will then vote for someone based on the work they posted.
I will keep voting open for four days after the deadline (Until March 22nd) and select the winner of the challenge.
The winner will then select the topic of the third week’s ZSketch Challenge (which begins March 25th).

Thanks everyone! I can’t wait to see your work.

Should get some cool results, I hope we get a good turnout.

Me too!

You can take over for next week if you’d like to.
You proposed the idea from the beginning.

I’ve been pretty busy lately anyways, so I’m glad you took over, I haven’t even had time to think about organizing it.

About 40 mins so far:

I’m near 25k Polys now. Gonna be interesting to see what I can do with this one. :smiley:

WIP:

http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=132611

WIP, I’m trying to make him like a bear man…
Still have quite a bit of work to do.

I like everything so far!!! Everyone’s approaches are really interesting.

Some updates:

Been really working on the anatomy of him for most of it rather than dealing with any major detailing. Really digging this challenge. :smiley:

not sure how much time if anymore i’m going to spend on this(have something else to finish) but heres my 15mins worth, can’t really see the crown in this pic.
unified skinning said it was going to take 45min so don’t know if i’ll bother.

Attachments

ZBrush-Document.jpg

update, i waited the 45mins but the results were not good, what i found worked better was to make a unified skin off the adaptive skin instead of straight off the zspheres.
started to add slight detailing to face only, have to say thanks for this thread it was good to work on something else even if only for an hour or so. if i work on it more i might add leaves/bugs and some sort of bird/squirrel coming out of one of the eyes.
ZBrush-Documwent.jpg

Really looking good!
The texture looks excellent.

I like where your taking yours so far space really nice feel to it… it will be interesting to see what people come up with by the end of this…

hey figured i would join this heres a basic block out…
[forest king blockout v1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘132726’,‘forest%20king%20blockout%20v1.jpg’,1,0))

Looks good, I love the face!

I’m in the middle of reworking my entire concept lol

I’m keeping my same concept but ditching my ugly model lol.

Forest King Update:

It’s very much anatomy piece right now, but I’m going to be adding alot of subtools and things for the contest entry.

[redo.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘132843’,‘redo.jpg’,1,0))

a little more progress…
[forest king blockout v2.jpg]

Hey!!! Supercool character… waiting updates, good luck!!

victor marin

Wow, looking good. I’ll post more WIP’s in a while, friends stopped by for the weekend.

wow looking great troy, can’t wait to see him posed and colored(hopefully)
well i needed some zwarmup so i added a faery to my image, the FK really needs to be cutup for better resolution or retopped but i don’t know if i’ll have anymore time to work on it.i used the glow material on the faery, almost always you will get a crash during render but if you change the S1 settings it usually will work fine.

Attachments

fkfaery2.jpg

hi guys, this is an sketch of my model for the contest, this is the sketch and the first part of the model…I have a lot of work this week, but still in the contest hope you like it;)

Attachments

Tree.jpg

Tree1.jpg

The_forest_king.jpg