ZBrushCentral

Yona's Little Adventures...

Hi everybody!!

Following my work for “ANtoine in the forest” i can’t sop myself thinking of new projects in ZB and XSI…most of them are connected with my personnal projects…So i’ve decided to open a sketchbook thread in which one i hope you’ll give me many advices!!!

“Antoine in the forest” was a first test for LIGHT FIELDS, an animated feature film project…I want to work on other stuffs like characters (with always a bit of BG) so in the next month you’ll probably see characters sculpting for this project (if you want to see pictures you can see a lot of stuff on my blog :wink: ) For now i re-post the final picture to open the sketchbook

COMP-DEF-LOW_800px.jpg

See you soon for the first steps of the modeling and the first sketch of the illustration with all the characters (including the boy and the grandma that i haven’t designd yet :wink: )

Attachments

TTM_FAMILY_low.jpg

GUIDO_TURN_low.jpg

ENZO_TURN_low.jpg

your style is really great man :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: i love that:):):)… keep going …good luck

Soooo Ghibli ! Love it all :slight_smile:

Impatient de voir la suite, le chara design est vraiment classe :slight_smile:

Ow - Kay … these pics are big enough :smiley: ! And they are great! :+1: ! Thanks for starting a sketchbook thread! Lookin’ forward to the updates! :+1:

Great sketches and story!!!
We´re lucky that you have holidays. :slight_smile:

very good!!! I really like you concept and lighting …
cant wait to see more :+1:

Here’s a quick update…
As i’m in holidays, i also spend my time skiing :wink: (aaaah the Alpes…)
Yesterday night i did my low poly for GUIDO

WIP01_low.jpg

hope you’ll like the update

Attachments

WIP02_low.jpg

Looking really good! Can’t wait to see more.

Hey Cédric, thank you so much for updating (I love Wip shots). This guy is looking great! Looking forward to the next update! :+1: !

thanks for your comments!
One question : i’ve to make a bus for my project. Does anyone knows a simple way to do tires? i’m sure there a simple way to do them.

Hi Yona, I love your WIP images – great start! :slight_smile:

Regarding the tires – aaah I believe I saw a tutorial here @ZBC, but of course I can´t find it now. :slight_smile:

But I hope this tutorial by Sebastien Legrain helps->

http://sebleg.free.fr/tutorials/zcartut.htm

If I´ll find something else I´ll let you know.

Edit
Here it is – you have to scroll down a little bit. :slight_smile:
http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Not_So_Primitive:_Parametric_Models

Hmmm…just realized this tutorial would have been very useful for several things I´ve tried and had no success. I could cry now LOL :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot! modeling this bus is my new challenge :smiley: : modeling a bus even if i’ve never done a single model like a ashtray :smiley:
here’s my model… i’ve to find the plan to be very precise. [attach=133401]Berliet_PLR10N76_gd.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Berliet_PLR10N76_gd.jpg

You´re welcome.
Yep, you can definitely call this a challenge but I believe it´s possible.
I saw a lot of crazy hard surface Z-tuff.
I would´n try it now-- way too difficult for me, but I bet your bus will be masterly done in the end.
Can´t wait to see the progress. :slight_smile:

You still are doing a great job Yona! I love it! Keep it on!

i think that i’ll do the most of the modeling in xsi…just to be sure to keep tensed lines… But i’ll spend a lot of time on details in Zbrush

Hi everybody! :smiley:
After spending my afternoon skiing again i’ve almost finished GUIDO! :wink:
I’ve some details to add such as buttons for the shirt and shoelaces… i wanted to add a zipper to the jacket but i prefer it like that :slight_smile:
Now i have 5 characters and a bus left to do :rolleyes:
hop hop now it’s Enzo’s turn!!!

WIP03_low.jpg

are you going tomake a movie with these characters

I’d like to…but theses sculpts are only for the preproduction part…to find the money… It’s very important for me to make my ideas real in 3D…that’s why i’m so happy to have discovered this software… Usually i wasn’t very patient with the classical modeling… Now with ZB it’s easier for me to show what i want to do and discuss with the team…
With these references, the team will be able to make a good modeling for the production…

great update! Keep going, keep going :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

cool if it ever works out ill want to see it