New Member Follow User Gallery

Love it. I'm a huge fan of jewelry work in ZBrush and your work is awesome.

-JohNny

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks a million Cloudrider and JohnNy means a lot, as it is a battle to get seen in Africa, so much conflict and no time for art and the beauty in life... your appreciation means more than selling these pieces...

Kind Regards
    Ziggy
    ziggy@zerografx.com[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]
    www.zerografx.com[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]
    www.artstation.com/artist/ziggy[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]

Default more

More military badges... just redone these in gold... test in KeyShot...

Default Wip

Though I'd mess around while wait for ZBrush 4.7:

Fun Work in Progress...

Just a single shade use colours created via lights... Sculpt in ZBrush, Rendered in Modo and then manipulated in PS...

Next over for some fun in KeyShot...

Kind of looks like the Lightwave 3d logo
    My Renderosity Store - 3d props and 2d stuff
    My OLD Youtube Tutes - for Zbrush and other cg progs

FOR THE SWARM!!! Nice work!
    https://www.artstation.com/maximusin3d

"There is no tomorrow!"
    -Apollo Creed

Default waiting

While waiting for the release of 4.7 I have been playing around with renders of my Swarm - Zerg logo version...

Outer two are Modo renders and inner one is KeyShot which I am learning to use... but still prefer the control I have in Modo or maybe I must get to know KeyShot better...

All just for the fun of it...

Default Danielle

My granddaughter turns 3 today and I have been using ZBrush to create her a cake each year, so here is this years one...

All as to cake ZBrush sculpt and the a Modo render with a bit of PS...

Default Logo

My new Logo, some hard surface modeling in ZBrush, Rendered in Modo and manipulated in PS and Snapseed...

Default KeyShot

Okay now that I official have upgraded to Keyshot for ZBrush, I decided to dig my old friend out of the archives... did this Road Hog back in 2009 then played around with him again in 2012... just did a quick render and maybe time to finish him of for once and for all with all the new tools that have hit my PC since his birth...

Default Jewellery

Time to see this one printed in different metals... did a few changes and rendered in KeyShot...

Will show the prints when I get them, have printed before in Korea and this is the photo below...

All I would like is for ZBrush to update to a full on measuring system with a heat mapper to indicate thin area that may not print right, a sort of sub surface scattering that will warn the designer... this can be done on Shapeways site, but can be time consuming uploading to check the fixing and checking until the system accepts the model...

But I see a huge future for ZBrush in the Jewellery industry....

Default Latest Test

Here is my latest test print...

In image below is First a ZBrush Render, then Keyshot Render and the final product done by iMaterialise.com in Bronze Polished PU coated which I received today, pretty happy and detail is lost but we with ZBrush still beat the machines out there as to detail.

Crits and questions welcome...

Just got a few questions on FaceBook while posting will place in a bit...

Default St Michael pendant

As to the Facebook message I received, person requested to stay anonymous... as feels inferior, but we all are learning new things on this forum day by day and I hope to see him on here soon, just carry on, never give up the words I was told 8 years ago on this forum.

Mr. Hentze,

I have been following your work on ZBrushCentral and I just saw the pictures you shared for the St. Michael pendant on FaceBook. I hope you will share more information about the production of the pendant with either Mold3d or ZBrushCentral.

Hi Anonymous,

Just call me Ziggy... I don't like a formal approach as we are a ZBrush family, here is my answers:

1. What is the final material (gold, brass, plated silver, etc.) of the finished product? I believe you were working with a South Korean firm to produce your work.

A- This one is Bronze Polished PU coated from iMaterialise.com... I am happy with the S.Korean company so to Shapeways but find iMaterialise to handle the finest print, the first two have a wall thickness of 0.8mm while the later's is 0.5mm but I tend to stick with a 0.7mm to play safe... The most professional is Shapeways as to admin and online shop.

2. Was the final piece metal printed (i.e. sintered from metal powder) or printed (or milled) in wax then lost wax cast?

A- I think it can only be lost wax as I had to make the escape holes bigger, I tend to make all my models hollow to cut the price down, specially for my fellow country men as our currency has gone down the drain..

3. Are you happy with the final result? When I examine the 3d rendered design I notice some fine line work in the wing feather details and on the sword handle seems a little understated or lost. I do not know if this is due to the lighting in the photograph of the final product or if the details did not reproduce in the 3d print/casting. I bring this up because Tomas S Wittelsbach in his lectures discussed the difficulty of sometimes reproducing fine line work on his jewelry.
    I hope I am not taking up much of your time. I just admire your work and wanted to say thanks for what you have shared on ZBrushCentral.

A- Thanks for the compliments, and ZBrush Central is great as guys tend to share freely, I would love to have attended one of Tomas' courses as I am totally self taught and have no jewelry or 3D back ground, just burn the midnight oil and Mr T has been very helpful to me in the past... As he says, fine line work gets lost as there is a percentage of shrinkage in the casting process and the service companies are not professional jewelers, I spoke to one of the other guys on the forum and as he said, even the slightest over polish can destroy detail... but I believe that one day this to will be perfected.

I was about to share the images on ZBrush Central, may I post these Q&A there?

Thanks again

Ziggy

PS Anonymous - practice practice practice and all the happy mistakes become helpful in the end.

Default wow...just wow

Your work is wonderful! Got me to thinking I need to make a bracelet for my Dad!(started working on the Marine symbol for him! He's a mortar guy from the Vietnam war.) I love the output you are getting in that last one. Yeah, you can see a bit of the detail that is lost on that last piece but man, for the most part wonderful end result! Mostly I notice it around the cross on the sword...did it get buffed off in the final? Or just not there in the 3D grow? And the feathers lost detail BUT it does NOT take away from the wonderful end result. I would STILL buy it if I was the client!! For the most part isnt alot of that just figuring out the limits and having to make creative decisions to change the design? Totally mean that with all respect, I love the work you are doing. Inspiring!! Love it!
    Jake "Grizzlyjake" Angell
    www.jakeangell.com

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 LastLast