ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook -Mantis-

Hi all,
Here is a sculpt I worked on, I did it from Walter O’Neal fabulous illustration.
I also did the same logo from the last Superman Movie, and the patterns on his suit too.

![Bizarro_closeup03_b.jpg|1177x754](upload://qdyzQDQbFcZZ0s01Z0McGrDrYIP.jpeg)

Hope you like it.

Attachments

Bizarro_panel03b.jpg

swweett! looks cooll! i would make his thigh a tiny bit more muscular…other than that, this piece is awesome man! cool face too! great work!

-Fabian

Great sculpt! His head (expression) is so well done! :+1: !

Great work!
Best regards, Selwy

really strong work, love the suit details, how do you get it so even over the whole form?

Very nice!

Great sculpt! I’d love to see this the next Superman movie. That cape is wonderful—any tips on how the cape was created?

Thanks all for the comments.

@fabianloing: Thank you. For the thigh I don’t like so much when they are so muscular that they seems like ecorche, I know that’s the way they do it in Comics, but I wanted to make a more realistic style.
I took picture from the movie and you don’t even see as much muscle as I did.

@threetails: Thanks, for the suit it is pretty simple, I just layout the Uvs and did a seamless texture in photoshop, than use this B&W texture as alpha and apply a displacement in Tool submenu.

@monstermaker: Thanks, do I have to say that I love your last work? :wink:

@industripop: Thanks too, for the cape I don’t have any special trick.
The only thing is that I started to rough it from a cube instead of a plane, because that’s really difficult to deal with border edges.
Than I retopo it in 3Dcoat, took a few minute with the Slice tool, I just did a plane with retopo not the full volume.
Than I use extract to give it a volume in Zbrush, the advantage is that I did it on a plane and the newly created face are clean.
That’s all I can say, but it’s a bit technical.
On the sculpting side there is really no big tip, that’s just about getting some references, and playing with your napkin :smiley:

Cool sculpt! I really like the face! :+1:

Great job!

Excellent piece… I’ve just saved to my fav reference disk. :+1: :+1: wonderful sculpt…

Thanks guys!

SolidSnakexxx: I’m honnored to be in your fave ref :wink:

Didn’t have the time to continue him for now, but I use some of my spare time to participate in Gnomon Challenge.
This month theme was Dragon Fire, and I did a dragon :slight_smile:

But not an usual dragon, an Napoleonian officer dragoon (in French they are call Dragon like the creature because they were created while using a Dragon as an emblem, far before Napoleonian wars).

Enough word, here it is.

Pose_01a.jpg
[attach=131163]Pose_02a.jpg[/attach]

I spent 3 days on it, just figured out the challenge was running 3 days before the deadline.
That’s why some area are not really well done, I will try to pursue it later.
Hope you like it.

Attachments

Pose_02a.jpg

Very cool models!

I really like your bizarro. good job man !!!

hehehe i modeled a british officer from the napolionic wars recently! we should have a showdown with your napolionic officer!! great models man.

Nice work! Is this all z brush? down to z sphere’s? Great work… :wink:

What a wonderful interpretation of the rules!! Wonderful work, really love the effect of the dustball, great work. :wink:

Thanks all for the compliments!

@Jupiter: I don’t use Zsphere, I am not enough proficient with them, I prefer to do simple base down from a box to start with my models.
The base for the horse has 300 polys, I attached the base at the end of the thread.

@Jason Belec: Thanks, finally I won :) Got the first prize with this sculpt.

I will continue with this thread to post some of my work.
I tried to rename the title but it seems that I can’t do it.
So here are some other sculpts.

A head I did as an exercise. [![Tete_exercise.jpg|1200x976](upload://tdZknOCSNhZlGKM3F2k5Mf1lrvG.jpeg)](http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27133268%27,%27base_horse.jpg%27,1,0%29)

Attachments

base_horse.jpg

Zeratul_pose01.jpg

Quick update before going to bed.
Just added the cape and done some little tweak on the body.

[Zeratul_pose02.jpg]