ZBrushCentral

Mkk's Sketchbook

Ok, so this is my first time posting my work on these forums, usually my posts consist of “zomg, you are amazing!!!11!!1”. So I figured if I ever want to post with something more substantial and helpful, I might as well show what I’m capable of, it’s only fair right? I’m a bit nervous considering the amazing talent levels around here but here we go:

the programs i used were 3dsmax, and zbrush, obviously.

[attach=122768]Dinoviewsb.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Dinoviewsb.jpg

It’s supposed to be colossus, from the x-men.

Hey guys, I know I said I was nervous, but please feel free to comment and crit. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean by being nervous, takes some time to get the guts to post here.
I think your models looks very good :slight_smile:
Maybe texture them, so they are more rare.
And i dont know why pepole dont post, cause this is just as good as other threads. But we all think that someone else will post, that we dont need to.
But keep on posting you models, make a scetchbook out of this :wink:

Thanks for that stromberg, :), and yeah, I’ll definitely keep posting.

Just some head practice…wow, that didn’t come out right…

[head1.jpg]head2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘124213’,‘head3.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

head3.jpg

Good work Mkk316, regarding x-man, I find the leg too taller and separate from each other and the shoulder are too smaller.

Thanks Shames, yeah I see what your saying about Colossus, I’ll go back in and buff up those shoulders and shorten the legs, which is kinda funny because I’ve got a history of making my characters with legs that are too short.

you are welcom, I’ve reshape your body very quickly in PS maybe it will help you as reference

[Copie de Colossusb.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘124219’,‘Copie%20de%20Colossusb.jpg’,1,0))

Appreciate it Shames, that’s basically the direction I was gonna go with, though im not sure about slimming him down, I want him to look heavy since he’s made of metal. heavy but fit.

Hey guys, this is my latest work, I might try to do some Mass Effecty style suit for him.
aliena.jpg

Attachments

alienc.jpg

aliend.jpg

alienb.jpg

Agree with Shames on Colossus.
I think the freaky fish dude’s butt is kinda small, it feels a little collapsed especially from the side. The ways his legs are plugging into the pelvic girdle also feel a bit wierd.

Not bad work at all!
Don’t be nervous, for 2 reasons.

1. There’s ALWAYS some guy a million times better than you
  2. You won’t get better without holding your work up next to pro quality stuff.

Thanks Jake, it actually gets easier with each post, and I will def go in and fix the pelvic region, it does look odd from the side.

Really great sculpture :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Mutant Dog

Thanks Baron. :slight_smile:

Nice work on the trex

much appreciated vikamvr.

Here’s some adjustments I made based on some feedback I got. Mostly to the butt region, but I tweaked some other areas as well. I think its working better now. Crits?

alien_comparison.jpg

Attachments

New_side.jpg

Cool stuff!
I love the structure of the skin. I´ve never seen this before. Very well done.
No crit so far…but it would be great to see him posed. :slight_smile:

looking better. nice sculpt!