ZBrushCentral

Project Resurrection WIP: Shadow Yamoto

Hey everyone, after taking some time off from moving and dealing with life’s personal toils, I have some updates from the zbrush side of this project that was started some time ago.

I am still trying to create some more details but I am hindered by a stupid OS constraint. I could go back to XSI and change the base mesh so I can divide the mesh into polygroups. But if anything, here are some shots. Stay Tuned. And feel free to give some feedback…

[attach=122750]shadow yamoto head strip.jpg[/attach]

[attach=122751]shadow yamoto body strip.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

shadow yamoto head strip.jpg

shadow yamoto body strip.jpg

hey everyone, here is some new updates on Shadow Yamoto in Zbrush…i need some serious help with the hands and seeing what kind of details I can add for her…and her arms feel a bit off so i hope some more feedback will be helpful…thanks

[New Shadow Yamoto Character Stripsbody.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘128587’,‘New%20Shadow%20Yamoto%20Character%20Stripstorso.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

New Shadow Yamoto Character Stripstorso.jpg

Looking good so far. :lol: From the view you have it seems she’s got quite short leg. Do you model against any reference?

Yup…i used a photograph from fineart.sk, and the model i used, the legs seemed shorter…it could be the boots as well…but i need more details on the model…it looks really plain… :slight_smile:

stay tuned…

good work

Thanks bro…once i finish up more details…I will start painting the textures…any ideas to how much more details I can add? I have been staring at this for hours will no progress…

Good morning everyone, here is some work so far on Shadow’s Diffuse textures…still getting used to painting in Zbrush which I think is quite awesome and very powerful. Also Scott Spencers’ airbrush technique is the most natural painting i have ever tried…

Feel free to leave some feedback…still working on the skin texture…and adding more details to the hands…

[

](javascript:zb_insimg(‘128757’,‘Shadow%20Yamoto%20Head%20Texture%20Strip.jpg’,1,0))

Good evening all…some updates on shadow’s textures…I am just laying out the colour scheme that I will be using to work in photoshop…but the model still needs some more details…possibly more wrinkles…

anyway, enjoy… and stay tuned

[ShadowYamotoTexTorso.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘128930’,‘ShadowYamotoTexTorso.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

ShadowYamotoTexturedBody.jpg

her breasts seem a bit saggy from the side.

I think she feels overall kind of short and stubby. I only eyeballed it, but it seems like shes about 6 heads high, making her feel kinda squat.

Her arms don’t feel long enough. If they rested against her sides, her fingertips would reach only to her crotch. Most people’s hands will reach further down mid thigh.

From the side view, it looks like her ribcage doesn’t have much of an arc, it’s flat along the plane of her abdomen. The scapulas or apex of her back should kind of be reaching out to the same level as her butt.

I feel like the breasts are a bit large and droopy for her tiny body. The shape of them is a bit torpedo-ish, making them look artificial.
Although, after playing Soul Caliber 4, I’ve come to accept massive torpedo boobs as a possible design choice!

Hope that helps, good luck, keep cracking away at it!

@ JakeLV426: Thanks for the feedback…i am still cracking at it…i do agree about the arms feeling shorter…i was looking at the original model…and the arms felt arms were too long…but i will look at it further…stay tuned

Hey all, just doing a quick hair test to see what her hair will look like shapewise…doing my best to stay close to the original as possible with the modelling…let me know what you think…

[ShadowYamotoHair.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘129183’,‘ShadowYamotoHair.jpg’,1,0))