ZBrushCentral

Aumakua's Sketchbook

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
I decided to open a single thread for all my WIP projects I’ll be working on from now on :slight_smile:
Here’s my latest work, a still image entry for CGTalk’s Steampunk Myths and Legends challenge.

The story behind the concept I chose lies like this.
According to the ancient Greek Mythology, Kerberos was the gigantic three headed dog which guarded the gates of Hades.

He was posted to prevent ghosts of the dead from leaving the underworld.

I wanted to make a steampunk version of Kerberos, depicted as a hybrid monster, partially organic and partially mechanical, armed with an armour and a flame thrower weapon, which guarded a steampunk palace of the dead into the underworld.

I did the initial modeling and some particle rendering in Softimage XSI, while heavy modifications, sculpting and rendering in passes was done in ZBrush. Final compositing was done in Photoshop.
I had some hard time to finish it on time but had enormous fun doing this and learned alot of new things…

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

![KERBEROS_FINAL.jpg|935x1280](upload://9r29j6lBaeOxMB7MQMqutD7Hsb8.jpeg)

Some views.

![KERBEROS_ZB_COMPILATION.jpg|1100x1363](upload://1h5cv9ECf85uop6l0wpRcf5wNcN.jpeg)

Attachments

KERBEROS_ZB_COMPILATION.jpg

Some wip material from the environment.

![ZB_DETAIL.jpg|671x800](upload://s4ZnYvZFs3iIr7RwEIiOivZeD21.jpeg)

Another one.

![TOWERS_PARTS.jpg|1100x769](upload://j1Iipcp6uiA5MIJ66oeMdaWMEjY.jpeg)

Attachments

TOWERS_PARTS.jpg

A ZB-turntable of Kerberos:
http://www.noisyknuckles.com/My_Images/raw/KERBEROS_TURNTABLE.rar

Hi,
I’ll be working on an airship concept, meant for a single person (pilot).
Softimage and ZBrush work for now, I’d like to make a 3d print out of it :slight_smile:

![AIRSHIP_CONCEPT_web.jpg|889x1000](upload://x3EmZClrCYL6PSxA5qrDtXuNttT.jpeg)

A bit older work for a character contest, a doctor and his pet snake. Toony experiment in Z.

![DOCTOR_RENDER.jpg|863x1600](upload://rDtFZtfSR7FFJHVL3ngiQDivbQD.jpeg)

Attachments

DOCTOR_RENDER.jpg

A quickie one.

![MERMAID.jpg|803x1000](upload://itLefo3EagjbHnoMD0MuS1kSbHE.jpeg)

sweet stuff you got here. I like the airship concept and the boilers especially! keep it up!

gr8 stuff!!
keep it up!!

Hello mietestromgras, thank you ! You know, I should buy you a drink for getting into trouble to write the very first reply post on my sketchbook!
I started to think that my work really sucks! LOL
btw your illustration work is really beautifull, great comic art too!

sanketpro3d, thank you too!

I gave a try with Decimator on my Kerberos critter

![ZBC.jpg|1100x770](upload://4lKpWwiIo720mRclXLAAReKpdnB.jpeg)![ZBC_THUMB2.jpg|100x76](upload://x4BRSYydWX4I6tiatO3JEKjyb1x.jpeg)

Attachments

Aumakua - Love your style man. I love the single pilot ship it’s just a really nice design.

Sound portfolio of work being built up here. Look forward to following your work.

:smiley:

Hello scottleroc, I’m really happy you like my reel-doodles :slight_smile: so, I might keep on working on the metal chicken :smiley:
Your concept and ZB work are truly reference point for me, thanks again :wink:

hi !
love your work especially your Kerberos critter, crazy :+1:
Good job :+1:

Glad you like it OlirO :slight_smile: My next one will be better I hope :wink:

Hi again…
After having read Vitaly Bulgarov’s great tutorial on illustration using ZBrush and Photoshop, http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=074301 - Thank you Vitaly for your inspiring work! - I thought of reworking on Kerberos old model of mine.
It was really fun and educational process… Actually I still can see quite a few spots to change/refine, but lets call it finished. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

![KERBEROS_REWORK_280909.jpg|1100x1358](upload://sL5WxafqfM0iTcTNwhO0e4p711a.jpeg)

Attachments

KERBEROS_REWORK_280909.jpg

Some time ago I decided to print an old model of mine, the Hoplites warrior,
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=54355&highlight=call+arms

Today I received the 3d print, made by ProtoDemon, [www.protodemon.com](http://www.protodemon.com). I should say that the quality of the service as much as the quality of the actual print is truly remarkable. The photos I got do not justify the detailing of the print.Thank you so much guys for the great work :)

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘160808’,‘HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_03.jpg’,1,0))HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_03.jpg

Another one.
[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘160765’,‘HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_01.jpg’,1,0))HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_01.jpg

And another…
[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘160766’,‘HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_02.jpg’,1,0))HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_02.jpg

One more…
[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘160767’,‘HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_04.jpg’,1,0))HOPLITES_3D_PRINT_04.jpg