Senior Member User Gallery

Default Monstermaker's Junk Dump DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD

Hi Guys,I thought that I would start out the new year by starting a sketchbook thread like so many others do here.
    This is a work in progress of something that I stared last year,a couple of days ago, still lots to do on it but I thought you might like to see the progress.
    Last edited by monstermaker; 01-04-09 at 07:34 PM.

nice... looking fun and, oh so angry, great form as always. happy christmas and newyear to you.

c77
    Twitter
    FaceBook

-World of Red Sands-
    copyright 2014 all rights reserved.

Yep! You're right! Love to follow your work. I'm definitely subscribing to this thread.

Is that hair a separate subtool?

What a cute little puppy. Gotta love it.
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

Default Thanks

Look forward to checking out your sketchbook progress. I've been a fan for a long, long time.

monstermaker , U're awsome!
    believe it or not ! i'm soUpeMan !!

skulll_monster
    Guest User Gallery

hey RICK !...yea...it would [i]B[/i]e gre[i]A[/i]t to see your works here monsterm[i]AKER[/i]...keep it up !
    Last edited by skulll_monster; 01-03-09 at 01:03 AM.

hey rick, great wolfman, and nice to see you start a sketchbook thread

also- I just read that you did some of the maquettes for the Benjamin Button movie! Awesome! Did you do them in ZBrush or were they traditional sculpts?

Thanks guys. I'll try and work on this guy some more today.

Kraken I like your stuff too. There are numerous subtools for the hair.

eldee.s Yes we made three full scale heads in silicone fully painted and haired for Benjamin Button They scanned our sculpts to make the computer model and took the color maps from our painted silicone heads. It was a real pleasure working with the folks at DD because they embraced our knowledge and wanted our input .I thought they did a remarkable job . Frankly I thought it was never going to work and I was wrong.I think it is by far the best cg human ever. A lot of the credit goes to Fincher he has a good eye and a knowledge of what it takes to pull something like this off.

User Gallery

monstermaker: great news in the new year this will be very inspiring thread for me, keep posting your stuff please This werewolf is great, especially hair, I'm looking forward to see bust more detailed. And about Benjamin Button, it'll be here in February in theatres, trailers are looking awesome, I'm looking for that, and I hope that working on that was great, especially with Fincher and Digital Domain. Keep working man, fingers crossed during whole year.
    Personal website
    My sketchbook

Ok I worked on this more today and think I screwed it up. I may go back to what I had earlier and start again .
    I spent most of the time making alphas to texture it with and I don't like them very much. I should probably get out some of my old alphas. I also probably shouldn't post this but I want to show you the process that this goes through.
    Last edited by monstermaker; 01-04-09 at 07:33 PM.

Wow.A Legend.

Uhm, so what was the thing that bugged you about it? Was it the cheek area or the look overall? I think, if I may, that the cheek area is a bit too intense as it nears the snout and the transition between those two areas may need some love. Or was it the little tiny hair thingies at the widow's peak? (or is that widower's peak...hmmm). Anyway, I'm just thrilled you're sharing your work and some of your thoughts on why/how you go about making them. Big ol' fan over here longing for more.

looking cool, love to see the process your going through with the hair and subtool elements of the hair fade. but that pose just sells it. look forward to more.

c77
    Twitter
    FaceBook

-World of Red Sands-
    copyright 2014 all rights reserved.

Thanks for the inspiration and sharing. Like the post earlier, I'd be interested to know how or what you thought you screwed up on as well. Your thoughts on the matter would probably be helpful for artists like myself who are still trying to sharpen their artistic eye.

Default Great WorK

This is the kid you met at the party just before Chistmas! Fantastic as always, I love the emotion, and incredible hair detail. The material is great too. One quick question tho, you said you start with a base mesh right, would it be camparable to the "Demo Head", because thats what I usually use. And if so, are the UV's already laid out, so displacement maps will work correctly?

Page 1 of 16 123410 ... LastLast