Senior Member User Gallery

Default Action Hero Golgotha (hero) - Nero (villian)

A long time ago on a planet far, far away....

Um no.

Far into the future, scientists discovered a temple on another world, which imbued the people who discovered it with arcane powers. Seeking to keep this power for themselves, they created a new society of what they dubbed Sci-mages. They began to use both a combination of science and magic to subjugate the people of the galaxy.

But with any power, the new society began to fray at the edges, as the Sci-mages began to contend one with another for what they considered the most choice planets. While they coveted each other's holdings, they would not openly war with one another. Thus were born the mage assassins, a society of highly trained military operatives that used both science and magic to help assassinate other Sci-mages for the highest bidder.

Enter Golgotha. His homeworld was subjugated most ruthlessly by two Sci-mages, his entire family wiped out as collateral damage in the demon wars on that planet. When he found out one of the Sci-mages of his world was assassinated, he determined to join the assassin's guild by any means possible, so that he could carry out his revenge by making the Sci-mages pay as a whole.

Golgotha became one of the best Mage Assassins the galaxy had ever known. This shot will show him after his first botched attempt at assassinating a particularly nasty Sci-Mage named Nero. Golgotha was regrouping to his dropship in an alleyway and Nero blasts him from behind.

golgotha_pose.jpg

Mark Loertscher
    Last edited by markrulz; 12-26-08 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Add name

Oops forgot to put powers/etc.

Golgotha doesn't have any powers per se, he utilizes the newest in Sci-Technology to help him take Sci-mages down. He usually prefers to use his knowledge of the Sci-mage he is assigned to to make his assassinations look like accidents as to keep his clients from any blame or suspicion. Since the Sci-mages use summoned demons and other minions to do a lot of their dirty work, his speciality is disrupting summoning rituals so that the demons being summoned do the killing of the Sci-mage for him.

His armor is a bio-suit that augments his strength and agility to almost the speed of thought. It has spells applied to it to ward off the effects of most spells, and is very battle-resistant.

More on Nero soon.

Cool idea...like a futuristic super Ninja......

Sweet concept, and great sketch. If you can model as well as you sketch this one is going to to fantastic.

Default Golgotha update

So after the base model was modified I started using masking and sublayers to create Golgotha's armor.

Picture-8.jpg

I kept choosing armor placement and then decided that for the sub-armor (Colossus-inspired) needed some help. I created a custom alpha in Adobe Illustrator like this:

muscles2Hc.jpg

And started using the displace tool to create the armored body.

Picture-13.jpg

I kept using the dragrect placement to vary the size of the 'muscles' until I covered the whole body.

Picture-24.jpg

Then for the armor details I started using the alpha selection tool again:

Picture-21.jpg

Neat fun. Starting to look pretty nice, lots more details to add and I have a question. I still have the toes sticking out, but I want them not to be there anymore. I'd love to make them one piece of geometry so that the boot toe would be correct, but not sure which tool to use to merge them together is. Currently they look like this:

Picture-26.jpg

Should I just make a simple piece of geometry? Or is there some cool tool that I can merge these together quickly?

Default Another shot

Oops forgot the other shot.

Picture-25.jpg

It seems you haven't hit "P" to go into perspective view.
    The screenshots will look nicer if you toggle that on.

Anyways, good progress. Good job

Great Progress. I just love the pattern over his body.

Looking really cool, I like how you are using the alpha's to create the skin detail. Since the armor covers some of the characters joints (body parts), maybe break down some of those parts into subtools so you can divide them again making them look a little smoother.

bad ass wiring !! keep going.

Nice alpha work!!

that alpha is great. but keep in mind its got to go on good form, don't rush at the cost of developing strong Anatomy one supports the other. your character shows some good potential.

c77
    Twitter
    FaceBook

-World of Red Sands-
    copyright 2014 all rights reserved.

Ok more progress today:

More custom alphas, this time for the stomach. I masked off the stomach area:

Picture-8.jpg

And then used this alpha for the stomach area:

stomach.jpg

Which resulted in:

Picture-9.jpg

Then with more massaging and detailing:

Picture-10.jpg

And then a simple sword model in Wings3d:

Picture-11.jpg

Picture-12.jpg

Then after watching the sword texturing tutorial, I started differentiating the model parts with different textures:

Picture-16.jpg

Picture-18.jpg

Picture-19.jpg

Good times.

lookin' good!

it's crazy---i've been thinking of the name "Golgotha" for a villain since I was in high school.

The mask is brilliant!
    Well done,... not sure about the ears, but the mask itself is really beautiful.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast