Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Action Hero - Overwatch

Created By: Jason P Smith

Hero Name - Overwatch
    Real Name - Adam Gordon
    Occupation - Special Forces Soldier
    Location - Various
    Known Abilities - Overwatch's body has been artificially enhanced with synthetic muscle tissue throughout the majority of his body as well as a re-inforced skeletal system. These enhancements afford him much greater strength, speed, agility, and faster reflexes than a normal human. Overwatch is completely blind and his hearing is very poor, he has been provided a helmet which allows him to see with extreme acuity in both normal and infrared spectrums to magnifications of x20. The monocular reticle in his helmet also allows Overwatch to emit a highly focused and intense microwave beam that is capable of striking targets over 2 miles away with near perfect accuracy. This same reticle can be used to "paint" targets for arial bombardment. Overwatch's suit is capable of reactive camouflage, effectively blending into his surroundings, if he so chooses, enhancing his scouting and stealth capabilities. Due to his intense training as a former US Navy SEAL, Overwatch is an expert in military tactics, hand to hand combat, explosives, stealth, and the use of a variety of military vehicles and weapons.

History- A career soldier, Adam Gordon started his career as an Army Ranger and fought with distinction in Operation Desert Storm, and Operation Restore Hope in Somalia. In 1996 he left the Army to join the elite Navy SEALs where he specialized as a sniper and explosives expert. Gordon served in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003 and his unit was one of the first behind enemy lines, disrupting Iraqi command and control capabilities and eliminating high value targets.

In 2005 he was sent to Afganistan to fight against the resurging Taliban resistance. During September of that same year his squad found itself trapped in a mountain gorge surrounded on all sides by a vastly superior force. As casualties began to mount, and unable to call for help due to the radio interference from the mountains, Gordon told the rest of his squad to retreat to higher ground while he provided sniper cover fire. Purposely exposing himself to enemy fire to draw their attention, Gordon tallied at least 25 enemy kills before he was hit with a mortar round. Eventually rescued, Gordon's injuries were catastrophic, he'd lost most of his face and both eyes, his left arm and leg were gone and his other limbs were mangled to the point of being nearly useless, only his ceramic plate body armor saved his life.

In the hospital, Gordon was introduced to a Colonel Flagg who gave him the option of joining a special anti-terror unit known as Black Eagle. Flagg told Gordon he could provide him with experimental biotech enhancements to restore his mutilated body, and furnish him with bleeding edge next gen military equipment if he agreed to join Black Eagle. The only catch is he had to be legally dead, as were all other members of the unit. Unwilling to live the rest life as a blind, crippled veteran, and afraid of how his wife and family would be burdened with his care, Gordon agreed. Posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroism in Afganistan, Master Sergeant Adam Gordon was mock buried at Arlington National Cemetery with full honors.

At the Black Eagle training center, Gordon had his muscle tissue restored and enhanced and his skeleton replaced and reinforced with titanium alloys, his sight was restored with cybernetic implants that feed images from his visor directly into his brain as well as hearing augmentation. Thus was born the super soldier known as Overwatch.

overwatch_small.jpg
    Last edited by jp_smith; 12-26-08 at 12:01 PM.

Great Concept! Cool backstory!

great concept and sketch !

Another promising entry just looking at your concept sketch and background story

Back story and concept are great. Now let's see that sculpt!

Member Follow User Gallery

This hero has potential. I look forward to seeing the wip's.

Sketch looks great! And a solid character design.
    Christopher Tackett

great concept and nice sketch

Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice concept dude.... I love the character...

Yes that sketch is really fantastic, great concept to. I like the variety of textures you have in the outfit.

Koool, reminds me of snake eyes and that's always a good thing. I guess you don't need the sniper rifle anymore cuz he is superhuman but I did like the idea of him sniping, maybe some augment to his visor to make it look more like binoculars and definitely more accessories...cant wait to see more.
    Aiman3d.com - Portfolio - https://www.facebook.com/Aiman3D/
    3dsmiths.com - Business - Digital Sculpture and 3d printing service
    Fungisaurs.com - IP - Dinosaur-Mushroom hybrids toys/game/animation

Excellent work on the backstory and design. You've created a credible situation, developing a character that has great strength, but yet a man who still maintains inner weakness. This makes him relatable and, I am sure, a pleasure to bring to life! Good luck with this one. I am excited to see your progress.

Thanks guys, glad you like him. I was kind of going for a Captain America meets the Six Million Dollar Man theme with him, with an inner conflict. Good idea about the monocular, I might pop it off his face a bit to make it look more telescopic. Yeah he doesn't need conventional weapons anymore, but he does use a variety of devices when needed, flashbang grenades, smoke, c4, wirecutters, etc. which is why he has all the pouches. On his back he'll have a small backpack which powers his helmet and feeds him water and air if needed.

Very cool sketch,
    keep it up Jason !
    Last edited by Lucky_1; 12-26-08 at 03:32 PM.

overwatch_base_geo.jpg I got all the base geo blocked out, ready to start sculpting. I added some switchblade-like punching knives to his arms, not sure if I'm going to keep them or not yet.

Page 1 of 27 12341025 ... LastLast