Member User Gallery

Excelent work, he looks greate.

Senior Member User Gallery

I surrender...Iīm speechless!
    Amazing colours!!!!
    I love those darker spaces between the armor plates...
    and..and...and..
    (would be boring if Iīd list every part right now )
    Really donīt know what to say....
    Well... and this isnīt even the final

New Member User Gallery

Great work. The form was great in the early posts and then the textures... it really brought it to life.

Wow man - those textures are looking really great so far... keep it up! My vote is for Pose B... altho E would be cool too if you could figure out a way to make it practical for the 3D print...
    Thaddeus M Maharaj
    3D Character Artist

www.thechindian.com
    My Sculpting WIP Thread

Lightbulb Pose F Revision 1

MINTY:
    Thank you so much, MINTY. I do find time after work but again...very little time...as I do have to do many errands. Or sometimes, during lunch break...(Mostly sketching and stuff...not the real ZFun)

dustbin1_uk:
    Thank you for such kind praises, man. Much appreciated.

Gohanf22:
    Thanks, bud. (^_^) Normally I don't do much of a full f ledge modeling/texturing project by myself but this contest really raise my spirit once again..Thanks to pixologic.

adroit.jr:
    Thank you, sir. And your dragon's coming along well too. Look forward on that monstrous villain.

wethand:
    Thank you

GregStrangis:
    Glad to hear I still have your vote, GregStrangis. Your comments always cheer up my heart...and making me want to continue working. Thanks mate.

Lucky_1:
    Thank you...it will soon get grittier.....let's see how it goes with ZCurrents..

Captain Sensible:
    Thank you man.

PaulZB:
    The eyes still need some color/material tweaking but holding shape I kind of want for now. Thank you so much.

jeffmeckley:
    Thanks...I'll grab a flat render of texture tonight once get home from work..Still at the beginning texture/model phase...as once posed I'll rework/refine the sculpt and coloring.

SOLcreator:
    Thank you, glad you like him.

Digital_Vulture:
    I sure hope so..But for now I'm so xcited about the whoel contest thing as the WIP means I'm able to amend and improve my model based on people's comments... And thank you for supporting my character.

MindFX:
    I'll definitely work on "E" pose..Thanks man.

KiVanDi:
    Thank you..

Moni-Poroni:
    When I come to your comment...I always feel like I owe you a warm thank you as your note always left me smiling. Thank you, Moni-Poroni.

sirhcnait:
    Thank you, sirhcnait. Hopefully by the end of texture phase..he'll look better...and I'm still alive hhahahha..the late nights are killing me.

chindian:

So you are one of those who wants to see a semi defeated hero.....on his knee....raging to get revenge..Just kidding. Thanks man for your kind comment.

Daily Update:

Not the update to the Poly Painting but a quick another...rough...real rough sketch to the Pose "F"...your C&C are most welcome

progress_066.jpg

Hey SolidSnakexxx, I am not very exited about that pose. It seems like it would hide so much of the cool detail you put into his torso. I think a lot of different poses could be really cool with this guy, but it would be a bummer to not see all your hard work in the render.

Harmonic, you are absolutely right..... I've another pose in mind now.. kind of the updated pose (E) Will try to find some time to refine in paper first... Thanks man..Always useful comments from you..

I dunno man - i didnt think B was necessarily a defeated pose... per say...
    When i first saw it - i thought of a kinda lurking pose... like maybe if it was dramatically lit - of him coming out of the shadows - it's like he's stalking his prey... u know?

But still - either way - this model is comin out awesome! I hope i still have a chance.... haha
    Thaddeus M Maharaj
    3D Character Artist

www.thechindian.com
    My Sculpting WIP Thread

Member User Gallery

i like the silloute* of A E and F. I like A's line of action too. I like your model alot =).

Default Poly Painting on Flat Shade

chindian:
    Good thinking..I didn't think of that aspect before...Thank you for your constructive comment

snoopalu:
    Thank you man. Glad you like my little bug man.

Small Daily Update:
    There was a request for me to show the poly paint at no material applied stage. So here it is. I'm certain this will change quite lot when it's completed...As you can see for now his colorization's very rough ...mainly to block out main colors.

Comparison View Flat/Shaded:

progress_067.jpg

Solid looking good ...paints working a treat

User Gallery

Wow, i'm speechless, that is great texturing, the tones and colours are lovely!! . Really great model! How do you get those really crisp lines in the model?

Looking forward to your next update .

Member User Gallery

You know, when I was a kid, every summer I would go to the sea side and spend almost all my vacations observing Mantis Religiosa bugs. Amazing creature. Can you please tell me how much time did you spent on polypainting? Also, about retopology. I think I saw some text about 3DCoat at your blog. Is that the tool you have used to fix the mesh? Thanks.

hey man!

beautiful texture work. very nice color scheme.

-r

SolidSnakexxx,

He belongs in a wax museum.

And, with any luck, this project will find it's way to DVD or book form eventually. Without a doubt, one of the most epic and entertaining entries I've seen.

You're pro.