Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Action Hero - Damage

Action Hero challenge - WIP thread by Massimiliano Calo'

The background of Damage:

Damage lives in a post-apocalyptic world and stands for the small man.
    After the final war the WMU (World Military Union) rules the world and lives of the plunging of the defenseless human communities that live on the inhabited islands.
    But a couple of scientists working for the WMU and horrified by the results of their work run away carrying with them the weapon they were working on: the prototype of a genetically engineered fighter that they love as if he was their child, which in a way actually is.
    They live on a submarine and from there they coordinate the action of Damage by hacking into the WME system and passing on the information gathered over to Damage.
    His final goal is that of killing the members of the world's military Junta and take control of the army, but to do so he must first demoralize the troops, so he's on a constant action of sabotage and terror. Many in the army admire him and occasionally mutinies happen.
    Damage has a mix of high and low tech gear that looks a bit home made because of the scarcity of resources in the post-apocalyptic world.
    He travels fast thanks to two jet propellers attached over his shoulders, he uses them either in the water to accelerate his swimming or over the surface where he rides a tiny surf board, the board locks tidily on his back when he doesn't use it. He can fly, but only for very short distances as this uses a lot of fuel.
    He's completely fearless and just better than anybody else at everything physical like resistance, responsiveness, sense of balance and so on, he also has an exceptional resistance to shocks, this allows him to propel himself at high speed against his enemies and be the only one to survive the impact.
    He also has the advantage of constant information updates on his opponents' moves.
    His main weapon is the multi-purpose tech-glove that he uses like a hammer when at close range but that can also shoot an harpoon that comes also handy when he needs to climb up ships or buildings.

Damage-page.jpg
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

Interesting. A bit on the bulky side - kind of like the early Iron Man was - but there's potential. Good luck!

The initial sketch reminds me of the Rocketeer but with very interesting mix of various arsenal. I think the character's going to be cool with great weapons. Look forward to seeing it

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by maxinkuk
    ...He's completely fearless and just better than anybody else at everything physical like resistance, responsiveness, sense of balance and so on, he also has an exceptional resistance to shocks, this allows him to propel himself at high speed against his enemies and be the only one to survive the impact.
    He also has the advantage of constant information updates on his opponents' moves.
    His main weapon is the multi-purpose tech-glove that he uses like a hammer when at close range but that can also shoot an harpoon that comes also handy when he needs to climb up ships or buildings.
    GREAT description of the character and his power! The one phrase that particularly jumped out to my eye, was the "sense of balance." That REALLY opens up the action pose for you, since a hyper-sensitive sense of balance would allow you to pose him with some extreme body contortions, if needed, to better emphasize his cool tech-glove. It will be interesting to see the different poses you will be able to set for this character.

Great start!
    ~OM

Thanks guys and girls,

Teyon, he's a big boy indeed, maybe because I imagined him as I was swimming at the pool, so Micheal Phelps was probably the original "base-mesh". Like him he has solid breakfasts, food is energy and he needs lots of it to do more damage. That's also why he pretty much looks like he's wearing some kind of light swimsuit, an element that I think will stay, only evolving in terms of design, it's also consistent with the saboteur commando type of action.

SolidSnakexxx, yes, Rocketeer is pretty much there among the models, I like that kind of old look technology with lots of copper strips and rivets, they're funny, that's the style his gear will be.

C-Mad, indeed. I did think his powers and gear according to what would allow me more flexibility with the posing. I intend to exploit the full potential .
    Max
    My ZBSketchbook

New Member Follow User Gallery

What can I say? He surfs!

Here's the basemesh, very quick ZSpheres frame, odd but functional, no need to spend more time there. Now straight into sculpting that's where the real fun is.
    The idea is to now sculpt a correct anatomy and facial features and then retopologize all to reach a mesh that can be posed with ease.
    Damage-basemesh.jpg
    Max
    My ZBSketchbook

Makes sense to me and your building with ZSpheres! Sweet.

Member Follow User Gallery

There is NO way I could even attempt this contest, if we couldn't use Z-Spheres!

Good basic body, Maxinkuk! You'll be busy for awhile with the accessories...
    ~OM

You know what I like best about your concept? That Damage, in the post-apocolyptic world, has limited resources to build and power his suit. It lends itself to all sorts of interesting ideas for what he chose to use to build his weaponry. Your concept gives me an idea (for later, after the contest) for a forum challenge. But I won't jack your thread with it. Good ideas, and good luck....

Teyon thanks, there's enough for the sculpt, if you know that you'll retopologize you don't need to worry much about what comes out of ZSpheres. A lump with enough geometry whee you need it.

Thanks C-Mad, yes, thee's a lot of stuff to model there so I better get on with it now becasue when work calls I normally just jump so there won't be always spare time to do this.

Slosh, I'm very glad you appreciate the concept, but to hear that in turn it inspires you further is pure delight.
    Max
    My ZBSketchbook

The Damage is taking shape.
    Progress-2-basic-sculpt.jpg
    Max
    My ZBSketchbook

WOW you know what they say about guys with big hands

, well, he's genetically engineered, so why not!
    Max
    My ZBSketchbook

Great answer, made me laugh

Will keep an eye on the progress and wish I had been genetically engineered

Page 1 of 34 12341025 ... LastLast