Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:
ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link
Online Documentation: Link
ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
ZBC Advanced Search: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice
Oh i am all about this kinda stuff. *Goes off to think about heros*
Wonderful! It'll be a great pleasure take part on this. Thanks for this contest, Pixologic guys.
it has began, new super heroes will soon emerge from magic clay of ZBrush world...!
personally i like the rules of the contest, it's easy to create any known character from existing super heroes from comics, but this is something totally different, exciting and more challenging... someone could end up with a chance to see his hero in full movie also , oh boy...i wish i would have the imagination power like STAN LEE .
just 1 question here guys, like mentioned in rules we have to describe the hero's powers. so my question is when u say powers...is it has to be like super speed, super strength, invisibility etc.? or if we show courage, determination etc. as primary powers will it be also consider as powers? i mean think of it for sec. guys, not everybody has it...!
Very very cool contest..
Predator:The Huntress: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?194913-Predator-The-Huntress
My ZBrush Class: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?179237-Quick-Sculpts-for-my-local-Class
Lady of Naga - A Digital to Bronze Art: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?165385-Lady-of-Naga
Hmmmmmm....... I entered the halloween challenge,,...put lots of effort into my entry only to have zcentral in effect "not bother" simply because of a lack of entries.
Good luck to everyone on this...looking forward to seeing results but i wont be bothering myself.
Joyeux Noel to you all...
A question: Is it possible to use Photoshop or another photo editing soft to improve final image, adding blurs, noise, etc.?
Are we allowed to use another 3D Renders besides one in Zbrush for completing final image. I mean like Vray, Mental ray and others?
I could not find any info about using Photoshop in the contest rules ... ?
aloud or not ?
Is it strictly heroes then? I was looking forward to doing a super-villain...
Oh, also, make sure everyone reads the page concerning the mandatory 3D printability of the model...its going to greatly affect what you can and can't do, and limit your freedom with the model, as they must be watertight and not have overly complex overlapping parts:
Frankly, this is just too many hoops to jump through for me...Im more of an illustrator than a toy designer. Plus, CG talk steampunk is going on, and there are better prizes over thereThe finished model must also stand on a small pedestal base. Inanimate elements are allowed on this base if they contribute toward the drama of the finished character's pose, or are necessary to support the character after 3D printing. Because three winning entries will be output via 3D printing, it would be beneficial to keep the format's requirements in mind:
- All parts should have some thickness.
- All parts should intersect each other. Nothing should be free-floating.
- All individual objects should be "watertight" (i.e. no holes).
- All normals need to face outward
- Avoid back face crashing through to the front. Clothes-extract with extra thickness to avoid crash through (Turn on double sided to verify).
- The 3D print winner will be required to submit the finished ZTL file to Offload Studios for processing. Keep all sub-tools steps in tact.
- Offload will work with the winning artist to realize their vision using either a texture they provide or an Ambient Occlusion Bake custom texture.
- If you win the 3D print, you will be allowed to make final adjustments to your hero if they will result in a better quality print. For example, if your character has a cape you would be able to thicken or remove that element before sending the model for printing.
Good luck to everyone!
I think that this challenge is for professionals only because no amateur is going to bay 600 dollars worth license.
So after long awaited challenge i am out.