ZBrushCentral

Textured, but still a WIP

This is only my second post here at Zbrush Centeral, it is an intimidating group with all the great work shared here. Since I have taken this character this far I thought I would share a few images so far.

I had started tinkering with this idea some time ago, but time is limited working full time, school full time and trying to sleep here and there. Enough excuses though, I was able to use this idea for a couple of my classes, so I really have been able to push this one.

I want to put a cupcake or slice of cake tatoo on the big guy’s upper left arm, then pose and import into Maya (which will be something new for me, any pointers would be greatly appreciated). I have this little kitchen idea that would work great for these two.

As for the creation process for this one…I blocked out the character in Maya and then went to modeling and texturing in Zbrush. It has been lots of fun so far and I look forward to the rest of the creations process.

I would like to thank Scott Spencer for a great tutorial on painting skin in Zbrush, you are truly a great and inspiring artist. Congrats on your book, it is on my christmas list!

Well enough rattling on, comments, questions and ideas are welcome.

[attach=117303]Textured_01.jpg[/attach]
[attach=117304]Textured_02.jpg[/attach]
[attach=117305]Textured_04.jpg[/attach]
[attach=117308]Textured_03.jpg[/attach]
Textured_06.jpg

Attachments

Textured_01.jpg

Textured_02.jpg

Textured_04.jpg

Textured_03.jpg

Fun stuff! I like the style and execution of the models a lot.

One thing I’m not crazy about is the color of the attach guy’s shirt and eyes. A shirt color other than the orange/peach would provide more contrast with the skin.

The eyes don’t seem to match the image – the blue is very dark and saturated and the pupil looks dilated.

Keep up the good work.

Josh, thank you for taking the time to comment on my work, I sure appreciate it. I found it interesting that you were not fond of the orange, I willl play with that color and see what might look better.

As for the eyes, I would agree that the eyes don’t match, they are still a WIP. Like you I am in search of a really good eye tutorial for Zbrush. I am considering just creating the eyes back in Maya, so that I can put more into them there Photoshop.

I did check out your Zbrush sketchbook, cool characters with lots of well …character. I do like your style and will follow as you post more work. Good luck with all your Zbrush endevours!!

Keep creating!!

Nice job! I like the idea. Did you unwrap everything or is it all just poly painting within Zbrush? Either way the painting is nice. I need to learn how you work so seamlessly with multiple sub-tools. Lets see more! I want to see WIPs of the project you are working on now. Cant wait to see that finished.

Tim

lol, i love the idea of the little helper guy at the back, looks like the poor little fella might have to deal with a few fumes though…

Hey James, I found your post on our other classmates’ threads. You know I like your style of characters. I like your painting job. The only thing I would add are some sweat stains by the pits and maybe some more grease and stains on the aprons. I’ve seen many a cooks apron in my time at the restaurant and they get super dirty, I mean covered.

Here’s a link to my sketchbook,
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=74209

I will post more once I get the hang of this forum better. (I’m having trouble posting pics, they show up as attachments and thumbnails that you have to click on rather than images straight in the post)

See you in class,
Aggie