Senior Member Follow User Gallery

omgosh the crab texturing looks amazing! how are u texturing it?

Hey Phrost, it's all just done in ZBrush

Once the vertex painting is finished in Zbrush I will bake out the maps and do the final pass in photoshop. Once the crab is done the final environment will be built in Maya ready for the final render.

I think it's good to use ZB as much as possible. I build the basic mesh in Maya, prepare the uv's and do the final render stage in Mental ray. Everything else is just done in ZB. Hope that helps Phrost thanks for the comments.

Here is tonights ZBrush piece

It's a study for what might possibly be a stone garden statue. I did this model in August and it needs to enter it's next stage. So this is a Zbrush render with some post work done in Photoshop (just a couple of overlays).
    Simple really - hope you like it

sr_garden_stone_statue.jpg

This is stunning, must be one of the best renders eer done with Zbrush really.
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

Maxinkuk - love ya man but

I did overlay a texture in photoshop so its not just a ZB render

Those who remember me from my 'very well known computer game title with an adventurer in that for legal reasons I can't mention but will let you work it out' days at Core will remember this concept. It was an idea for the end of game boss. A massive 50m egg sack that would explode once the 'adventurer type character who is extremely well know for large assets' reached the top of the room triggering the birth of a huge Boss creature. Unfortunatly, for legal reason I can't explain, it was never used - they where strange legal times indeed.

Lucky the concept drawings which I have tagged onto the picture where done in my spare time so the idea was mine anyway.

So anyway now I have worked up the concept in zBrush as you can see. It is not housed in it's room yet and I have included a scale figure so you can get a good idea of size.

Anyway it has been fun spending a day revisting the past and I hope you like it

sr_wip_stuff_egg_sack01.jpg
    sr_wip_stuff_egg_sack02.jpg
    sr_wip_stuff_egg_sack03.jpg

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

aww go on...tell us...tell us please.....hang on.....snooooooore...snoooooooze

Thanks Pete Minister for that truely well thought out and intelligent comment.
    Why would it bother you what I have written. Surely if it's boring move onto the next post and insult them.

The thing I don't understand is your comment is a personal attack and I worked very hard to get the jobs I do, just like you I imagine. To have someone insult you when I thought it was an interesting background story is really out of order.

Why can't you just be like everyone else and look at my thread and comment on the work.

I really like your work btw, prehaps you should fix the link from zbrush because it doesn't work I had to google Pete Minister to find your site.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Merry Christmas Scott xx

I like this very much. I visited your site and from what I saw "Under the Canopy" was what I liked most.
    Keep on posting!

Erik Heyninck- Thank you very much - that was a one hour speed painting and quite a few people seem to really like it

Mr Minister - you also have a vey good Christmas youself, I have bookmarked your site because I still think your work is right up my street

and

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU ZBRUSHERS OUT THERE

Scott

Another update after a long Christmas break

No one seems that interested in this but I like it. Mainly detal work so it is hard to see I guess - oh well let me know what you all think

a4_50_meter_egg_sack10.jpg

nice and very disgusting! it looks like it will explode every second! and it looks like this wouldn't be pretty... ^^

Very interesting back story to this piece. I for one would appreciate hearing more. As a fellow game developer, I too know how peculiar the business and various projects can be.

I am torn. I like the concept. It is a cool idea for a character/boss. But, if this concept was for the property I think it is, (and I think it is,) then wow... I am afraid that I am of the opinion that perhaps it is best that it did not make the cut. But then, I do not understand how some of the content that makes it into that series actually ends up making it into that series.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234511 ... LastLast