ZBrushCentral

After work sketchbook - SR (nudity)

I know the quality of work on here is in many case supreme so I thought I would let everyone down by starting a sketchbook on here :smiley:

Here are a couple of pieces I am working on in my spare time, that is after work.

Coconut/Robber Crab is the first one - totally WIP but the detailing is about 60% done. Hope you like it. BTW these guys grow sometimes over a metre in size, weird things always interested me :smiley:

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab01.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab02.jpg

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab03.jpg

I like it :slight_smile:
Are you going to texture it?

the second piece is a fisherman. Leathery skin due to sun damage is the reason for over-the-top surface detail. This guy is accessorised but I haven’t completed the baseball cap and glasses yet, they are still lo poly. So anyway there is still some way to go with this one like hair eyebrow etc but the shaders are already setup in maya.

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish2.jpg

Hey Santis - that was really quick :smiley: and thank you

Totally - will texture, uv sheet is already done :smiley:

I am still trying to think of a good backdrop for it. Not rendered in these shots is the coconut it is rolling around under its belly (if crabs have bellies) :smiley:

I was just tearing off the legs of a live crab the other nite,… I can imagine that one swinging at me while I do so. Haha. (my crab actually drew blood from my finger, it was not happy)
Cool stuff man keep it up. Give me a shot of it on the table with some butterrr… lol

BetaRayBill - I am shocked :o <-- as you can see (poor live crab) I guess at least it left a final ‘impression’ before going to the great ocean in the sky :smiley:

But

This one is a METRE in size are you would probably loss a finger for sure if you tried to rip it’s leg off. What part of the world do you live btw where you can torture crustaceans in such a way?

Anyway come on people I need advice. 400 plus people looked at the sketchbook, did you just sigh and move onto the next persons thread or did anything show promise. Or is it just to early to say :D, well actually that makes no sense because I guess you could always say something :smiley:

Cool work, I like the crab a lot!

ual, very nice models…
I like the crab,
but the face is cool as well. nice browns and eyes bag,
nice one :+1:

Thanks guys, really nice to get some feedback. It really is the most vital thing an artist can receive when working on ideas.

Thank you once again

Update time.

Been working hard to improve both of these pieces. I now know there is a lot more work to do to these models.

Here is the updated fishmonger, now with glasses (which are as yet unworked).

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish4.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish3.jpg

very nice skin details and wrinkles on the fishmonger !!! I would really love to see him textured and rendered !!! looking great ! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very cool models you have here… I especially like the crab creature :+1:

I want a pet crab >_<

Quick crab update before bed. Textures starting to be applied.

Hope you like :smiley:

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab09.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab04.jpg

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab05.jpg

I like your models also,great works so far!
cal

woops forgot to upload this one

[sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab08.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘117968’,‘sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab08.jpg’,1,0))

omgosh the crab texturing looks amazing! how are u texturing it?

Hey Phrost, it’s all just done in ZBrush :slight_smile:

Once the vertex painting is finished in Zbrush I will bake out the maps and do the final pass in photoshop. Once the crab is done the final environment will be built in Maya ready for the final render.

I think it’s good to use ZB as much as possible. I build the basic mesh in Maya, prepare the uv’s and do the final render stage in Mental ray. Everything else is just done in ZB. Hope that helps Phrost thanks for the comments.

Here is tonights ZBrush piece :slight_smile:

It’s a study for what might possibly be a stone garden statue. I did this model in August and it needs to enter it’s next stage. So this is a Zbrush render with some post work done in Photoshop (just a couple of overlays).
Simple really :smiley: - hope you like it

sr_garden_stone_statue.jpg

This is stunning, must be one of the best renders eer done with Zbrush really.