ZBrushCentral

dancing girl

This work’s main intention was to study body movement and expression.

The idea of the composition is that she’s in a sort of essay, dancing alone, trying to improve herself, praticing.

Used Zbrush for all the modelling/sculpting/texturing, except for the base meshes and scenario, which were done in 3ds max and a few texturing work in Photoshop as well.

Rendered in 3ds max/Mental Ray, I had to do a few render passes, so I could add DOF as a post effect in Photoshop and not using MR, which takes forever!

A few color and level adustments and a little of motion blur in Photoshop.

And here we go:

Thanks,
Ricardodancing_girl.jpgZBC_THUMB.jpg

Attachments

dancing_girl.jpg

1 Like

Oh! The skin is amazing! As are the eyes. Great arc in the pose too. I’d like to know more about how you approached creating the skin.

Sure. I used SSS Fast Skin shader. Adding a screen to show the setup. But the most important part for me was the texture painting in Zbrush. After that, it’s just a question of adjusting lights and shading.

And nice you liked the composition :slight_smile:

Thanks!bailarina_steps_SSS.jpgbailarina_steps.jpg

Attachments

bailarina_steps.jpg

wow, very good picture. Looks real. I like how it is set up, along with the look on her face, so serious. Well done.

I just wanted to tell you how much I like your dancing girl. I like the energy!

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

thats beautiful stuff!!! really love the render and thanks for the tutorial!!!

Great work…:smiley:

:+1: :+1: :+1: top row!!!
nice. I like the little bits of make up and nail polish you’ve added.

Very nice. Maybe the spec could be more broken up? Looks very clean. Otherwise awesome piece. Some motion blur would really help sell it for movement. But your the artist so its up to you :+1:

wowwza!! fantastic work… modeling shading textures… bravo:D :+1: :+1: :+1:

:smiley: :smiley: that’s awsome.The workflow you shared helps me a lot. thanks! your texture foundation is so gooood.Are you a game artist?:+1: :+1:

Very nice, the only thing that may be improved is the pose. The right upper arm is almost hidden, and it gives a strange silhouette to the character. But very nice.

…pose! :sunglasses:

beautiful work.
sorry, no useful crits…
thanks for the shader setup.

-r

Hi Ricardo!
Great work you’ve done! I digg it. :slight_smile:

Exceptional work!:+1:

Do throw in an unshaded ZB Clay and wireframe render please.

Cheers!

cool work, i love the pose:D

WOW !
MAGNIFIC!

Top row :+1: :+1:

amazing :grimacing: great dynamic pose:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

top row

really great job! I think the bra material’s really horrid :wink: [looks like it’s made of foam or crappy rubber] and the ballet shoes look very cloud-procedural-like but otherwise great… especially like the eyes!