ZBrushCentral

The Sky Fisherman - Model & 3D Print

[]skyfisherman_01.jpg

I’d like to share my latest character/creature model - The Sky Fisherman

The model was inspired by a concept drawing and story by the concept artist Stoph. The two boys; Eli and Ardent ride the skies on the back of their turtle; Artoise, hunting a menacing species of flying squid that terrorizes their shores.

The base-mesh and prop modeling were done in 3ds Max, and high-res sculpting was done in ZBrush.

After the model was completed, I had the great pleasure of having the fantastic people at Offload Studios create a 18 inch tall physical 3D print of the model! Their work is truly amazing (magic as far as I’m concerned), and it’s been awesome to see them do what they do best. Be sure to check out the rest of the 3D prints they’ve done at: www.OffloadStudios.com

Thanks for checking it out - Any comments, crits, death threats - don’t hesitate.
I’m available for freelance modeling work, and can be contacted via my website: www.CGGallery.com

Photos of the 3D Print built by Offload Studios:

Additional 3D Renders:

skyfisherman_01.jpgskyfisherman_print_01.jpgskyfisherman_print_02.jpgskyfisherman_print_03.jpgskyfisherman_eli_01.jpgskyfisherman_eli_02.jpgskyfisherman_eli_03.jpgskyfisherman_ardent_01.jpgskyfisherman_ardent_02.jpgskyfisherman_ardent_03.jpgZBC_THUMB5.jpg

1 Like

And heres the fantastic concept art by Stoph:

Cheers!skyfisherman_concept.jpg

How much did the print cost?

wow. this is amazing. very well done

Great work and nice print.

I’m not a big ‘cartoon style sculpt fan’ but that’s a really cool idea and you managed to sculpt it well! Maybe I just need to see original stuff like this and I’ll like ‘cartoon style sculpts’. :lol:

neat stuff, like the expression on both the guys

Great! I love it!! :smiley:

Simply amazing, very inspiring

Great work! the print looks fantastic!

Extremely cool idea&concept and exceptionally well executed!:+1:

looks like top row to me :wink:

Excellent work! I had never heard of offload studios until I saw this thread. I like the idea of their ‘featured artist’ thing. Well deserved exposure for you!

Top quality work and sweet 3d print! welldone :slight_smile:

Wonderful sculpture as well as the 3D print! :smiley:

hey,

very very nice :slight_smile:

wow … thats really awesome 5 stars from me .:+1: :+1:

Awesome. Love the poses and expression. Good interpretation of the original. I would love to see this in colour :D.

güzel calisma bro :)))):+1:

Wow, really cool model work! Cool concept too :+1: