ZBrushCentral

Script Idea: Ruler- Measurement tool

Hi

I have this idea and I do not know if it is doable. I tend to think that it is because we have couple tools to accomodate.

Currently there is no way of measuring stuff inside ZBrush at least in precise way. I know I can get some pixol info but that is irrelevant sometimes. So what I am hoping that we can establish some measurement tools by using transpose handle. Basically transpose handle can be used as a ruler or a measurement tool. And since it can snap to surface vertices it can even be a precise measurement tool. Anyways here is the list of presicion tools that can be created for Zbrush

-Screen Ruler. This can be a background image that is created by a script. The user gives the range in pixels or cm etc and the script creates an image with a ruler on top and side and puts in the background.

• 3d ruler. This one will use transpose handle and will be able to take live measurements from the model and it will spit out the distance and angle information into a window something along the lines of info window under transform

Even something like calipers would be cool. Sometimes when posing a model It can be had to know whether you’ve got the poroportions right. maybe there is something like this already.

Hey Kurdadk and Hybrd75,
I had a similar need for some type of measuring tool and my work around was to create an alpha which would then be made into a Stencil and scaled appropriately with the Coin controller. I pressed the Stencil/ Elv button to make visibility a little easier. The good thing about using stencil’s with the Transpose actionline, is they don’t affect each other, which makes using stencils ideal as a visual aid.
[Stencil_marker.jpg]_Stencil.gif
good luck,
joe

Attachments

Stencil_scale.jpg

That’s an excellent solution. :+1:

…You be some clever folk. :smiley:
good solution!

This is the one I use and offers more than stencil method :slight_smile: I like your method thou. I will give it a try

http://www.cthing.com/Meazure.asp