ZBrushCentral

My sketchbook

Hey everybody. This is my new sketchbook thread. My newest piece comes in hellraiser style. Sat down for about hours and got this done. The name of the character is tanakujen. Hope everyone likes it. tanakujen med.jpg

the model looks pretty good from what i can see.

i would never recommend using a black background for renders. black backgrounds usually prevent the silouhette of the models to show. and the silouhette is a huge part of defining a model’s form.

he’s obviously a pretty dark/wicked character… but i would recommend rendering him with a dark grey background.

you’re hiding your work with the black background.

heres the character with a grey background. and agin tx for the comment.

:

the new front view tanakujen front.jpg

this is my final draft tanakujen hellfire300.jpg

in the spirit of halloween meet the king of the underworld…ELVISTEIIIIIIIN!!! elvisstein.jpg

meet the slayer slayer neck.jpg

this is the finished head sculpt for the elvistein character and the original design concept.id love to hear any thoghts on the progress so far. tx [attach=112103]elvistein.jpg[/attach] [attach=112104]elvistein profile.jpg[/attach] [attach=112105]elvistein head front 3 25.jpg[/attach] [attach=112106]elvistein head doc back.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

elvistein.jpg

elvistein profile.jpg

elvistein head front 3 25.jpg

elvistein head doc back.jpg

Elvistein is cool !

tx for the reply. and this is my color test!! elvistein color test.jpg

little better shot of the detail elvistein color2 doc.jpg

this is an update on the slayer

got a slayer update slayer doc5.jpg

this is the final sculpt of my slayer from krull!! slayer sculpt.jpg

this is my newest z sketch. love gigers work. let me know what ya think. alien head fin.jpg

Attachments

alien head2.jpg

bro…realy lik the the head and the alien…

but u dont mind take my adivice and try to make a human face…and human anatomy…

best of luck

zain a.k.a NEOZERAHAN

my sketch book… (pls do me a favour of not going through the first page )
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=63054&page=7&pp=15

Shape of the alien head is way off. Try using some photo reference. Drop the front of the face and pull the back opening of the jaw way forward. Give it more “forehead” too if thats what you would call it I guess.

this is a bit of an older model. this is the first nude female that i modeled. aria g comp.jpg

mermaidman final comp.jpg

hrhr… mermaid man ftw ^^
I agree with DarkMessiah - try to find some suitable references, 1st for proportions to get the shape right (you could follow this tutorial to get the reference onto an imageplane behind you model), later for anatomy/details as well.

Try to develop your feel for good proportions and carry on modeling =)

froyd