ZBrushCentral

***** ZBrush 3.12 - for Mac OS X - Available Now *****

Pixologic is proud to announce that ZBrush 3.12 for Mac OS X is now available.

ZBrush 3.12 is a transitional version that previews some of what’s to come in version 3.5. Enjoy new features with ZBrush 3.12, such as:

• Increase Polygon count - Multiple textures per tool - Multiple Displacement Maps per tool - PUVTiles, an enhanced version of GUVTiles/AUVTiles UV mapping - Masking by Ambient Occlusion (which can be saved as an Ambient Occlusion Map) - Streamlined navigation (right mouse navigation, subtool framing, one click subtool selection process) - Improved perspective with added visual grid - ZSpheres editing in perspective mode - Much Improved zoom (get to -really know- your polygons one by one) - 2 new smoothing brushes (SmoothPeaks and SmoothValleys) - One click merging of subtools - Faster and more intelligent algorithms, resulting in a smoother sculpting feel - Enhanced Polypainting accuracy -Improved Project All functionality with Scan-Distance Control - More Vibrant “Deep Shadow” for real-time Preview - And additional improvements throughout many of ZBrush functions in order to accommodate the upcoming features of V3.5. Information about V3.5 will be available at a later date.

Learn all about ZBrush 3 and its exciting feature set! We invite you to visit the ZBrush 3 Home Page: CLICK HERE
For system requirements, CLICK HERE

Since ZBrush 3.12 Mac Intel has been enhanced with new functionality, we will also update the Windows version to incorporate these new features, and make them available to the ZBrush Windows community. It is not unlikely that major additional features be unveiled at that time, and will be made available for both Mac and Windows as a free upgrade toward the end of year. :slight_smile:

This will include support for those plugins (ZAppLink and Displacement Exporter, ZMapper will not be needed) which are not compatible with this transitional version ZBrush 3.12.

ZBrush 3.12 can be purchased online from the e-store at www.pixologic.com/store for immediate download.
All registered users of earlier ZBrush versions, including those who have been using the temporary PC license will receive ZBrush 3.12 as a free upgrade. :slight_smile:

Upgrading is easy! Simply register online for the ZBrush Mac OSX Upgrade [here](http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/upgrade/). Be as complete as possible, but it is not necessary to fill in every field. If we are unable to locate your account from the information that you provide, we will contact you for clarification. Upgrade links will be sent out during normal business hours in the order in which the requests have been received. We expect to have all upgrade links sent within a few days.

Happy ZBrushing!
–The Pixologic Team :slight_smile:

Important: We are aware that there have been problems with delivery and activation.

Please see the initial post here.

*ZBrush 3.12 is for Mac OSX systems with Intel cpu(s).
ZBrush and the ZBrush logo are trademarks of Pixologic, Inc., All rights reserved. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., All rights reserved.

macthumb.jpg

glad to see some new features being implemented.
Now all I have to do is wait patiently for the email…

Thank you… :slight_smile:

I’m very happy for all you mac-users! The wait has been long, but the call to arms is here. Now: make it a show-off that has never been seen before!
Happy Z-Brushing!

The new features sound promising! Thanks for the info! Now lets wait for the PC version :]

wait does that mean that ZApplink, displacement exporter and ZMapper won’t work for the mac???

aargh im jealous, want new features too;)

Good to see the release for the mac made it to daylight!

Hey I just checked the sys req’s and it says 10.5 :confused:

I’ve been staying away from Leopard because of all the horror stories of upgrading… guess I have to take the plunge…

aha…
we will see!

thank you to the people at pixologic.

A prize for the fist screen shot of it running in OSX i say!

Good news for Mac users, and those new features sound promising :slight_smile:

Almost

Hey, all those new features sound awesome! I was only expecting the good ol’ 3.1 with bug fixes, surprise surprise! Still waiting for my email, but that’s great news Pixologic! If these are just a teaser of 3.5, it must be bad to the bone! :+1:

I like the resolution on that monitor. :wink:

2560 X 1600

j

An official thread for questions and troubleshooting concerning ZBrush 3.12 for Mac OS X has been posted here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=63429

Please use that thread for any posts regarding difficulties that you might be experiencing. Be sure to read the opening post before you reply however, as that post is being kept updated with the most current information.

I am moving questions and troubleshooting-type posts from this thread to that one.

Thanks.

Thank you for your efforts, Aurick!

I feel like a 49er catching that golden glint through the muddy water in his pan. In anticipatory celebration let’s all join together in song!

[edited by moderator]

Even half size it is hard to read.

j

At least it’s proof positive that the thing actually exists! :lol:

That’s a good start!

you can cmd shift 4 and drag around the zbrush interface, then goto imageshack.us and upload the png, then copy and paste the forum code it gives you here into zbrushcentral =D