ZBrushCentral

Halloween Challenge 2008: Brian Rose

Heeheehee…what to make?:evil: :smiley:

Hey Brian, good to see you back in the comp again :). any ideas yet? Just saw the post today, so I have to get thinking :S, look forward to your work :slight_smile:

Thank you! Great to see you back again! I have one word…Necronomicon.:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink: :smiley:

Necronomicon, interesting, i had to google it :S hehe. ive got an idea or two, i actually started a halloween thing last week before i saw the challenge. should be good :slight_smile:

Looking forward to it!:cool:

I had some time to work on my entry for this years challenge. Just a demon I created with topography directly drawn on Zspheres. I have been messing around with this technique for some time now, and figured out how not to crash ZB anymore while trying to do it. The only downside was that I had planned on filling in the wing membrames using connecting Zspheres, but it just was not working out…so I added them in Hexagon. The shackles were also created in Hexagon as well.

layers_model_sheet_lowres_01.jpg

This is just a base mesh with no sculpting. I know the Topo is junk, but I don’t need to worry about it.:wink: Hope you like, and I hope I have the time to finish!

hi, nice model . “topography directly drawn on Zspheres”, now what is that. Seems like a technique I am not aware of. Do elaborate on that a bit. Also, is that the new grid in the mac version ( 3.12 )? :confused:

nice progress Brian. That is some funky looking head you have there. those zsheres can be troublesome hey, its amazing to see people get the results they get :S some awesome stuff with them. are you going to sculpt the chains at all? they look a little symmetrical at the mo :slight_smile:

moonlitmaverick - Thank you sir! In a nut shell I create a zsphere model and position the spheres however I please to approximate how I wish the model to look. I have Zspheres ovelaping, penetrating, filling gaps, and adding mass to each other. I am not using addaptive or unified meshing. The Zspheres are just lumps of virtual clay that happen to be connected to each other, so their placement and how they intersect is of little importance. Once I’m satisfied with the Zsphere model, I open the topology tab and click edit topology. Then it’s back to reminiscing of the old days of Freeform and Paraform. Drawing curve networks and then previewing the mesh. About 6,000 clicks or so later, I have my mesh. Hope this helps some. As far as the grid, I’m on ZB PCV 3.1 I just made/rendered it in Zbrush.:wink: Thanks for the second compliment though!

XSI Apprentice -Thank you! Take a look at the tip above for the ultimate in zsphere control.:smiley:
As far as the chains thanks for pointing that out;) . I still have to sculpt this guy/chains and time is getting close (let alone create the scene/effects…:eek: :eek: :eek: Keep an eye out!

Superb lookig demon…cant wait to se it painted.

www.peterminister.com

Dude, cant wait, will be sweet painted. Haha, the only thing that deterred me was this “6000 clicks” part, haha, i have done a little bit of reto with zb, it takes forever, and thats just on a head, haha.

Ministerart, thank you! I’m messing around with an interesting workflow on using subtools on a single mesh, it’s showing decent results, once I nail it down and paint it I’ll post the results.

XSI Apprentice, It’s really not that bad. It took about 4.5 hours to create the entire model from Zspheres to the final topography/geometry.:wink:

Ahh, ok, fair enough, i will have to give it a try sometime :slight_smile:

I’m almost finished with my entry, but I wish I had more time. Here is the HD model sculpt, as well as the poly painted version with my lava Matcap.

final_model_sheet_lowres_01.jpg

Really great sculpt love the character. Happy zbrushing and halloween.:smiley:

Should have read the rules better, I thought the deadline was today…:cry:
Anyhow here is my final entry. Hope you enjoy, and happy Hallwoeen to all!
final_zbc_hw08_uploade_01.jpg

pretty sweet dude, Only comment is its hard to see details thru the lava texture. Nice work :slight_smile: