ZBrushCentral

Zsphere Tweaks in ZbrushOSX

Does Zsphere Tweaks work in ZbrushOsX?

neilford

I am not sure. But I would appreciate it if you tested it for me :wink: You can try >> This << version as it is updated slightly, compared to the version I posted here at ZBC.

Marcus, any info on the 3.1 [ZSphereSet,…] bugs ?

aha yes! a sneaky update to one of my favourite scripts. thanks tveyes.

btw i have a question, say i have 3 zspheres in a line, and i want to change one value, like z so there are more edge loops along that axis, what seems to happen is i select each sphere do the change but they end up independant of each other instead of one big loop around the whole mesh. is there someway for this to not happen? hope that made sense.

EDIT: oh man! new buttons, user settings? whats that do? masking is very cool, masking by chain, oh i’m in heaven.
one more thing, is it supppose to look like this with the buttons going to the next line, i think it might be because i manually changed the button size ZBrushCustomUISize.cfg to 05, which i like because it makes all my buttons smaller than the default 38 setting but messes up your sweet plugin i think.
oh i’m on PC not Mac

Attachments

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi Spaceboy. Regarding your first question. Each zsphere value(s) affects only that specific zsphere and so you cannot adjust the values so as to have a different effect on a group of zspheres. But for your example of 3 zspheres on a line adjusting Z values on the 1st and 3rd zsphere and adding some Membrane Curvature to the 1st and 2nd zsphere might do the trick. The 1st zsphere being the one closest, chain position-wise, to the root zsphere. Or maybe I did not understand you question ?

Strange about the UI mess. I did test every single UI size, albeit they were within the “official” UI size range :slight_smile: How exactly did you change the UI size to 05 ?

The User Settings section allows you to create a button that adjusts a single or multiple values. It uses the currently selected zsphere values and the user setting switches to determine which values and what they should be. The user created buttons appear beneath the Quick Value buttons (0-8).

I will make a proper thread with documentation for the plugin when the time comes. There are a couple more features that are being held back by the aforementioned ZSphereSet bug.

thanks tv, i will have to test out that membrane issue. about changing the button size i just opened ZBrushCustomUISize.cfg in notepad and put a smaller value of 05 and restarted zbrush (my buttons got about 1/3 smaller i think), amazingly it had an effect, so its a hack i guess but i do like less clutter. so as i said its not a problem with your plugin, just my own fault. were you ever able to add any sort of copy/paste and rerooting to zspheres like digit’s old scripts? those would still be very cool.

Unfortunately the copy/pasting and other zsphere creating functions are not possible until the ZsphereSet script command is fixed. If anyone with the Mac version would like to help me find out if it is fixed send me a message.

I couldn’t get the zspheres tweak script to work.

neilford

Just to confirm. The ZSphere Tweaks plugin I posted in this thread does work in Mac OSX ZBrush version 3.12. If anyone is having troubles I would suggest checking the files are extracted correctly to the ZStartup/ZPlugins folder within the ZBrush 3 installation folder.

It is also worth bearing in mind that assigning a hotkey, which is crucial for this plugin, is a bit flakey during my tests in 3.12. After holding CTRL and pressing the ‘Pick ZSphere’ button, the hotkey assignment is cancelled if you move the cursor.

I have extracted the prerelease files into applications/zbrushosx/zstartup/zplugins. The setup looks correct, but unlike the PC version, I do not see the plugin in the menu->plugins in zbrush 3.12. I have noticed a few syntactical differences between your description above and the way it appears on my system. So, how come it doesn’t work for me? What could I be doing wrong? Thanks.

neilford

Could you check the Zplugin > Misc Utilities folder ? There might be a conflict with another plugin that for some reason puts the Zsphere Tweak buttons there.

The Applications/ZBrushOSX/ZStartup/ZPlugins folder is correct if that is where you installed zbrush.

I’ll try a few changes and post a new version for you to try tomorrow.

Not there. Thanks.

neilford

Neilford, could you please try the version below.

Before installing please delete the following files and folder which should be found in the Applications/ZBrushOSX/ZStartup/ZPlugs folder.

ZsphereTweaks.zsc
ZsphereTweaksRebound.zsc
ZsphereTweaks (folder)

Thanks.

Hi TVEyes,

It seems to be working. Something I didn’t realize: you have to take the .zsc files out of the zspheretweaks folder into the zplugin folder. I tried this with the old version, still didn’t work. Rev2 does work, but the interface is messed up. I took a pic. I will try to upload it with this reply.

zsphereTweaks.jpg

ZBrush will only load zplugins (.zsc) that are located at ZBrush3/ZStartup/Zplugs. It will not load zplugins from any subfolders at that location.

You should have 2 .zsc files (ZSphereTweaks.zsc and ZSphereTweaksRebound.zsc) and one folder with data (ZSphereTweaksData) when you extract. If not, then simply move the 2 .zsc files and the one folder.

Right now you probably have all the data files and the 2 .zsc files at one location. Which is why you do no get the proper images on the buttons. All the data files must be in the ZSphereTweaksData folder.

Which program are you using to extract the .zip ? The built in MacOSX extractor should do the job.

Hi,

My ZPlugins folder looks like this:

[attach=112862]zspheretweaksfolder.jpg[/attach]

Which I believe is correct.

Edit: I just took the data file out of the zspheretweaks folder, also. Now, it works. Thanks!!!

neilford

Attachments

zspheretweaksfolder.jpg

Phew ! Glad we got there in the end :smiley: :wink:

Edit: Just so you know. There should not be one folder containing all the files after you extracted the .zip. That is a folder created by whichever extraction program you use not a folder I included in the .zip file.

Hi
Thanks a lot for this plugin.
I´m really new to ZBrush, receiving ZBrush 3.12 OSX just a few days ago. I installed it and tried it just for some minutes and it seems to work perfectly.

Michael

Attachments

Screenshot-ZSphere-Tweaks-t.gif

Just updated to zbrushosx 3.2. zSphereTweaks is doing things it has never done before. Kinda of interesting, but not sure it is what I want to happen all the time.

neilford

Thanks Neilford, I just installed Zbrush OSX 3.2 so I will see what I can do… right after I have tried GoZ :smiley:

I have some pics, if you want to see what happened. GoZ!!!

neilford