ZBrushCentral

Work in progress: full-body character/creature modeling...

Hi :slight_smile:
This is a work in progress of a character-modeling test…

The model started as a ZSphere model that was skinned, edited, and further subdivided in order to add details. The upper-body is yet to be refined and the lower-body has not yet been modeled ( the hands are too delicate/feminine for this character, a bit of inflate and modeling will ‘fix’ this :slight_smile: ).
I’ll post the next update as soon as I have some more ‘testing-time’.

Comments/Questions and 121 are welcome.

-Pixolator :slight_smile:

Very beautiful girl, she is married?
Amazing work
Leo :smiley:

Thanks for sharing!

Amazing Pix! Great stuff as always. Amazing Zif work. I would love to see a big poly shot before subdividing.
:grimacing: :wink: :smiley: :+1:
Also a quick question. Everytime I put two zifs too close to each other, I get mesh folds. I see you have them about each other with the madness still and have such a beautiful mesh…does it have something to do with mesh smoothness…membrane maybe??

Thanks

Hmmmm…are my eyes telling me correctly?..do I detect enhancements in the skinning process?? It looks as if the skin has more appropriately aligned itself with the placement of the spheres…reducing the “pinch”. Or did you just correct it manually before moving on? Great work…the details are very nice (another glimpse into 1.6 enhancements??) :slight_smile: :smiley:

Smacks forehead

I dont know why I forgot that he has the new toy to play with. I hope it is a change in the mesh gen because I have been trying to model my dragon creature and well I have stopped due to a death by miscreant zif gen (or inexperience). I was going to ask why the crouch area meshed out so well…without the folds…Nice man!
Once again, beautiful Pix!!!

pixolator, inventor of the good pencil

wHat ever happened to the Displacement mapping ?

I like all of this modeling stuff and all.
But displacement mapping was too be great for
speed details and geting to animation quickly.
With out having to spend 3 days to fix a model
that might turn out to be useless anyhow, then it’s back to the drawing board for another model. :confused: :smiley:

What r u freaking out for? :rolleyes: I am sure its still there. We are just getting a taste of what else is to come. We have already sampled the DMapping. After that, something else and he is doing a prety good job of that. It is also like Mentat7 said, it looks like the point of this test is to show the mesh gen of the zif…lol…and it looks amazingly tight!

Keep it coming pix!!! insert rockin graemlin here

looking outstanding Pix!!! Great to see you hard at it. This was a fun motivating piece for me as well today. Cept yers is way more kewl to say the least. Just wanted to throw my support out there for ya big guy. Can’t wait to see your next updated version of this guy. BTW…I like the hands as they are personally… :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses: :+1: :+1:

You know what, I used Pix’s Sword zif image as a guideline to make a sword so I filled a layer with an Illustrator map made from the jpg…when I was done…it didnt skin itself like Pix’s sword. Whats the point…I think it does have a new skinning algorithum…pretty cool stuff!

I don’t think this is changed zsphere generation stuff from the already, enhanced model we already have…
I tried reproducing some of the Zsphere model Pix showed although I didn’t even come close, the folds only showed up when I was not following or able to follow the structure in the picture reference. I think the answer is Pixolator’s very intricate use of interlacing zspheres. Really if you add to the folds another sphere, it shapes them so that you don’t have the folds.

PS :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

Clean polygon ! But I have some Q. How I can reposition zsphere model after I scub it??

Thats not what I have here…when I add spheres, I then had harder folds. Membrane doesnt seem to help either…this is getting confusing hu?! :confused:

scub or skin? If you mean skin…you can’t.
Thats why you either have to have the perfect position in mind before skinning or edit the mesh in preview mode. The ladder allows for small adjustments of the Zif to ‘pose’ the model.

I’d love to know if this is a modified skin generation as well. There’s no way I could ever get hands like that from an adaptive mesh with that many sphere’s so close together. I’d get all kinds of overlapping polys.

Pix, is this an enhancement?

No offense to you Monkeyfarm or anybody but I really think it is…I haven’t been able to generate the type of mesh that this creature has…I always get the same folds. :frowning:

I have to agree with mahlikus, there is no way to get that kind of mesh with the current version of zspheres, and if you can, we all need a lesson… :D…That said, WOW, if things keep progressing with this program as they appear to be doing, we all are going to be lamenting how nice it was when it was a considered an oddball little program…Ofer, Keep me in mind when you build that big Giant house, with all the money you are going to make. I only work for the rich or famous… :smiley:

You may be right, MTB, although I find it unlikely that another skinning algorithm has been developed. Then again, we didn’t know about the previous enhancements for v1.55b :slight_smile: We probably do need a lesson on Zspheres. :smiley:

Problem is – some zspheres aren’t visible with intricate models if they get bogged down by bigger spheres. So there might be some way of wrapping those folds. I can see in some abrupt looking joints.

I made a mistake earlier in remembering I deleted two branching X symmetry extensions and just continued with a single sphere (for the upper torso). I got really lost at the neck.

Although for some reason, I found that they were more managable than I expected in globbing them together trying to follow Pix’s model. In the end I got this rather vase shaped handle, that bordered on folds towards the ends…

If you remember, when ZB1.5 was release, someone figured out that if you hold alt (or some other buton) when clicking the make skin button, it would make it with an experimental algorithum that wasn’t supposed to be found. So it is very likely that there is another, or better yet…a few.