Post Work in progress: full-body character/creature modeling...

Hi
    This is a work in progress of a character-modeling test...

The model started as a ZSphere model that was skinned, edited, and further subdivided in order to add details. The upper-body is yet to be refined and the lower-body has not yet been modeled ( the hands are too delicate/feminine for this character, a bit of inflate and modeling will ‘fix’ this ).
    I’ll post the next update as soon as I have some more ‘testing-time’.

Comments/Questions and 121 are welcome.

-Pixolator

Senior Member User Gallery

Very beautiful girl, she is married?
    Amazing work
    Leo

Thanks for sharing!

Amazing Pix! Great stuff as always. Amazing Zif work. I would love to see a big poly shot before subdividing.

Also a quick question. Everytime I put two zifs too close to each other, I get mesh folds. I see you have them about each other with the madness still and have such a beautiful mesh...does it have something to do with mesh smoothness...membrane maybe??

Thanks

User Gallery

Hmmmm.....are my eyes telling me correctly?...do I detect enhancements in the skinning process?? It looks as if the skin has more appropriately aligned itself with the placement of the spheres...reducing the "pinch". Or did you just correct it manually before moving on? Great work..the details are very nice (another glimpse into 1.6 enhancements??)

*Smacks forehead*

I dont know why I forgot that he has the new toy to play with. I hope it is a change in the mesh gen because I have been trying to model my dragon creature and well I have stopped due to a death by miscreant zif gen (or inexperience). I was going to ask why the crouch area meshed out so well...without the folds...Nice man!
    Once again, beautiful Pix!!!

Member User Gallery

pixolator, inventor of the good pencil

What r u freaking out for? I am sure its still there. We are just getting a taste of what else is to come. We have already sampled the DMapping. After that, something else and he is doing a prety good job of that. It is also like Mentat7 said, it looks like the point of this test is to show the mesh gen of the zif...lol...and it looks amazingly tight!

Keep it coming pix!!! *insert rockin graemlin here*

looking outstanding Pix!!! Great to see you hard at it. This was a fun motivating piece for me as well today. Cept yers is way more kewl to say the least. Just wanted to throw my support out there for ya big guy. Can't wait to see your next updated version of this guy. BTW...I like the hands as they are personally...

You know what, I used Pix's Sword zif image as a guideline to make a sword so I filled a layer with an Illustrator map made from the jpg....when I was done....it didnt skin itself like Pix's sword. Whats the point..I think it does have a new skinning algorithum...pretty cool stuff!

Smile

I don't think this is changed zsphere generation stuff from the already, enhanced model we already have..
    I tried reproducing some of the Zsphere model Pix showed although I didn't even come close, the folds only showed up when I was not following or able to follow the structure in the picture reference. I think the answer is Pixolator's very intricate use of interlacing zspheres. Really if you add to the folds another sphere, it shapes them so that you don't have the folds.

PS

New Member User Gallery

Red face

Clean polygon ! But I have some Q. How I can reposition zsphere model after I scub it??

Thats not what I have here...when I add spheres, I then had harder folds. Membrane doesnt seem to help either...this is getting confusing hu?!

scub or skin? If you mean skin...you can't.
    Thats why you either have to have the perfect position in mind before skinning or edit the mesh in preview mode. The ladder allows for small adjustments of the Zif to 'pose' the model.

I'd love to know if this is a modified skin generation as well. There's no way I could ever get hands like that from an adaptive mesh with that many sphere's so close together. I'd get all kinds of overlapping polys.

Pix, is this an enhancement?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast