ZBrushCentral

Video Tutorial: Project Master Techniques with Sebastien Legrain

Training.jpg

Project Master Techniques with Sebastien Legrain: In this set of video tutorials Sebastien Legrain shows you step by step how he creates complex architectural elements using the power of Projection Master inside ZBrush.

ENTER THE ZCLASSROOM

I encourage all of you to post examples of what you have learned
from Sebastiens videos in this thread!! Looking forward to seeing
all of your images!

Martin Knapp
Pixologic Team

Wow! I’m totally blown away by this technique!! I had no idea of how powerful projection master really is. Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!

Thanks a lot it allows to see from other capacity of zbrush, all the more so as they never see from videos carried on architecture.:D:D:D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Excellent tutorial. Some really useful techniques, very clearly presented.

Looks pretty easy. That demonstrates that my actual selftaught aproaching to the program was wrong from the start… Let’s give it another try then :small_orange_diamond:

The best tutorial I have seen to date on this type of modeling in zbrush:+1:x100

It would (imo) be excellent to have one tutorial like this for a basic - car (even if it’s a cartoon cartoon car), boat, train, airplane and even a spaceship.

Even if they have to be box modeling without Projection Master.

Even though there are many users for filmmaking, animation, etc (who use Maya,3D Max, etc) they are some of us who use only zbrush and could use this type of help for illustration work for printing.:slight_smile:

These video’s were great! Thanks to you Seb. For letting everyone have a glimpse into how you do what you do! Very cool stuff! Thanks to Pixologic for taking the time to add these video’s.

PM…what a powerful tool!

Peace-NickZ.

fantastic, the best Tutorial’s for hard surface modeling and Projection master
I know of to date
Thaaaaaaaank you!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hi everybody …and thanks a million sebastien and pixologic staff…does this tutorials can be downloaded in any kind …would be fine…

thanks for the show!

zbrush is :eek:

Loved the videos and want to focus on Alpha embossing for a start (touched lightly in one of Sebastien’s videos). Would appreciate more links! :smiley:

I kinda gave up on version 2.x Mac, so its total reboot and retread for my brain using version 3.x… (13 years in vector based 3D, never having quite got 2.5D down very well).

Jasons videos look interesting too… However all these videos take a long time to download at 56K… I expect we are not enabled to save them for reference and keep for a month or so. Sebastien’s videos allow easy replay and jumping back and forth, Jasons didn’t seem too on my macpro/10.5.5. Lot’s of promising video producers out there, but hard to zero in on specific and detailed needs.

With Thanks

Excellent training and a whole new way to use Zbrush, thanks Sebastien.
I would like to save the vids but am unsure of how to save from the cach, please elaborate.

TC

Some great ideas there I’d never even thought of, especially projecting your work on to a new plain to make the topo better.

Q: In PM, can you some how still edit your stroke after you have laid down another one?

Thanks for tuts, it helps…!!!

So I’m a total noob and I just watched the tutorials which were awesome but I do have a question.

1.After finishing the pillar would you be able to export that as an object into 3ds Max and how would you go about doing that.

or

1. Would you have to make a lowpoly object of the pillar in 3ds Max and import that into zbrush and then use the project master to add detail.

Thanks for any help.

:laughing:

Sebastien, Or anybody that can help.

I was following through the tutorials and I found that I am getting some artifacts happening on my mesh when using Projection Master. I have attached some images showing the error I am getting. Am I doing something wrong?

I started this pillar exactly the same way as in the tutorial. I then divided the tool to the highest level I could dived to. Then I used Projection Master and the Line Stroke to created the borders / Details on the Pillar. However, Once I pick up the tool I notice that I am getting an artifact that is pinching my geometry on the sides. Can someone tell me why I am getting this artifact?

Thanks for your help.

Bb

Attachments

Projection Master Error.jpg

i would love to get this video as a download for offline viewing - is that even possible?

Check if you are strictly not in perspective mode when you switch to Projection master

Hello…great vids…but i have a problem

i have seen them before. It works great for me when projecting on a flat surface…but if i project on gemetry that is a bit deformed…those deformations get ghosted into my new projection? Is this a 3.5 bug? Help please:)!

hola soy nuevo aqui alguien de los angeles pero que hable espanol que me pueda asesorar porfavor