ZBrushCentral

The little world of...

Hi Everybody !
i’m a fresh new user of zbrush, one week of learning and testing for now :slight_smile:
I wanted to share my firsts speed modelings, done in few hours ( a bit more for the painted monster Hornii, two days of work). I already LOVE Zbrush, it’s really natural to draw characters!
more stuff to come soon !

voila

Those are some really nice renders, the specularity looks great. Could I ask you how you set up your spec maps and material settings? The slime is practically dripping off of the screen :slight_smile:

Very interresting creatures and cool modeling expecially if you are discovering Zbrush.
The shader and render of the first one are very clean…
Did you used Brazil for rendering?

Hi guys thanks for your comments :smiley:
The render was done under Mental ray in max 2008, the material is the mental ray SSS fast skin .

For the specularity, nothing special, i’ve just push up the level and played with the glossiness… easy !

next work soon :wink:

simon

Here is a grey shaded view of Hornii !

Hi Everybody :slight_smile:
here are some speed sculpting i did before i break my collar bone :o Now i have to wait a bit for a new Zbrushing! Everyone of these sculpts are about 30mn-2 hours of my spare time , not perfects but so fun to do ! c&c welcom enjoy :smiley:

hello, nice sculpts, and very nice renders.

you are having success with dissplacement maps in 3dsmax? or maya?

wow, lovely renderings

You managed to get a slimy look with just adjusting basic specularity? They must have really improved mental ray shaders in 2008! How fast are these speed sculpts? They look extremely detailed. Your not starting from zspheres?

mmmm… 5*
thanks for the contribution to my inspiration folder!!

subscribe

:+1:

Hi and thanks for your feedback :wink:

for the slime effect i’ve played with the specular and the reflexion of the SSS fast skin, but the 3 sin levels layer parameters are verry important too ,
every sculpt take me beetween 30 and 2 hours,i “Zbrush” the same way as i draw on a paper, it’s more sketchs than final sculpts, so its fast !

I usually start modeling from a poly sphere for faces, and Zspheres for bodys or special shaped character… that’s it !
Thanks again !

really nice stuff! those mentalray renders look awesome!

The 1st lot have a really nice macro feel to them. :slight_smile: Its good to see you doing speed sculpting as well. :+1:

Have you tried switching to an all linear workflow yet in max 2008 / 2009? The improvement in shader response if much better whn working in linear space and really brings those specs out in less tweaking time I find.

Wayne…

insane render!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
(and good modelling too!!)

Its all crap…wait no!! it bloody brilliant stuff man…get better soon!!! I neeead zzzah frreenchh guy next to me to show stuff haha

cant wait to see more and the “other” piece hehe.

HI Mali or molly or however you spell it. wave wave

…i never seen such sharp renders here!!! hey man can you tell me wich filter and size did you used in mental ray and the anti aliasing settings???
really great
cheers

hehe thanks again for the cool words ^^

DarthWayne >> I use Zbrush and also Max for the renders, max for good realistic renders and Z for my speeds, when i don’t want to texture them, or when i just want to show the model, but i’m still new on Zbrush so i improve my pipeline constantly :slight_smile:

Xila >> The puppy got his hug thanks for her :wink:

MRC_O >> i usually use the default antialiasing, for a hires pic it’s ok, and after that i simply do a sharpen of my pic in photoshop or fusion to push up the details… that’s it!

<object width=“425” height=“355”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/L4sLm5IXT2w&hl=en”></param><param name=“wmode” value=“transparent”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/L4sLm5IXT2w&hl=en” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” wmode=“transparent” width=“425” height=“355”></embed></object>

You will find mybody sculpt turnaroundhere

and the WhiteHead turnaround here

(youtube video)

:wink: