ZBrushCentral

See BoBo run!

Hello everyone. I thought I’d start a work thread to show what I’ve been doing with Zbrush. I’m fairly new to it but can’t imagine working without it now.

Onto the art!

I just finished reading the Darkness Calls trade paperback and wanted to make a bust of Hellboy in his “Hell’s General” form.

Sculpted and polypainted in Zbrush - illustration made in photoshop:

[attach=103947]BoBo_HellBoy01.jpg[/attach]
[attach=103948]BoBo_HellBoy02.jpg[/attach]

Wallpaper size:
http://www.bobotheseal.com/personal_work/08/BoBo_HellBoy1600x1050.jpg

Here are a couple quick sketches I did this past week. I’m trying out simple shapes and seeing what comes out:
20 minute Z-sketch

[attach=103949]Zhead-sketch001.jpg[/attach]

30 minute Z-sketch

[attach=103950]Zhead-sketch002.jpg[/attach]

More to come

• BoBo

Attachments

BoBo_HellBoy01.jpg

BoBo_HellBoy02.jpg

Zhead-sketch001.jpg

Zhead-sketch002.jpg

Very nice:)…Love ya hellboy…very nice sculpt…

Wow, great sculpts! Amazing works :+1: :+1:

Cool Hellboy! Thats more-so how I thought it should or could be. great work! :+1: :+1:

Great work … fantastic hellboy…very cool

WOW! great Hellboy sculpt. The colored version almost feel painted.
Great work:+1:

awesome busts dude. the hellboy one is so cool :slight_smile:
for a fairly new user, you got a style nailed already…

Sweet sculpts! I really like your version of Hellboy.

Thanks guys!

This was going to be an entry into the super hero challenge over at Gameartisans.org but I just couldn’t find enough free time to get it done by the deadline. I’m going to finish it as I have an idea for the final illustration that I really want to attempt.

I decided to tackle Abe Sapien and give him my own spin. I was looking to stay somewhat true to the comic while bringing in elements from the movie and animated films. With that said, it also needed to be unique to itself. In the extended content of the Hellboy animated dvd, Mignola talks about how he has each interpretation of the Hellboy IP have a visually distinct style so that it is recognizable as hellboy but can also stand on its own.
This is my game adaptation of Abe:

I started with a 30 minute quick sketch from Zpheres just to work out a few ideas before I actually committing to anything.

Abe_QuickSketch01.jpg

More to come

• BoBo

Attachments

Abe_QuickSketch02.jpg

Abe_QuickSketch03.jpg

Abe_QuickSketch04.jpg

Abe_WIP01.jpg

Very nice work BoBo !

Keep it up

Look who finally caught the digital sculpt bug! Great to see you sculpting man. I cant wait to see you get comfortable. Great work as always.

Excellent stuff man! I like the stylization in abe, maybe another of his kind? Very cool, keep going! :+1: :+1:

Hi Bobo, great to see some zbrush stuff from you, Im a big fan of your work, love that warcraft Orc on your website! You even have your own folder in my 3d references collection :wink:

Question about the Hellboy head, it looks like some of the raised areas have a bit of a highlight on them, was that added for the illustration or is it the choice of material? Great piece, refreshing interpretation.

I’d say that you have the program completely nailed, that Abe is looking really good, cant wait for the finished illustratrion!

uhh! -so great to see you here. i really admire your stuff.
very nice abe. think your entry is one of my favorites in the contest.

-r

ps. sorry, for the fanboy outburst… just had to:D

Hi Bobo,

Wonderful models… And I’ve joined the crowd that loves the direction your going with the Abe and I really would like to see it finished…

And a full body Hellboy should be awesome aswell :wink:

Congratulations for the great work… Keep them coming…

Thanks guys!

Lloiger: it's from the shader in conjunction with polypainting. I didn't paint any highlights on top of the render. 1 hour Z-sketch from z-spheres Isn't she purdy!

[Zbrush-sketch003.jpg]

Really great modeling! That last guy is very cool!

Ha ! Awesomely dynamic design !
-Si

BoBo I luv ya style .your sites dam wikked :):).great works :).

wow he really has some great weight to him, nice work!