ZBrushCentral

RockSteady...

Greetings… Been awhile since I posted up on these boards. I noticed a couple of other Comicon entries here, so I figured I’d throw mine down as well.

I was doing Rocksteady from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I always thought it was a cool character, although the cartoons treated him like a dumb grunt. I wanted to extract his inner bad ass, make him more menacing, more deformed and yet remain as faithful to the idea as possible.

I stunted alot of the details I had planned, because of time restraints. But I think I still got enough story in the character

i saw this over at game artisans (i think) for the comic con comp. AWESOME man, i love this concept. way to turn it into your own piece. keep up the good work.

I love how you’ve given him some abnormalities rather making him a perfect symetrical hybrid like the original. The term ‘mutation’ does apply to your version better!

Good job!

I’m a huge TMNT fan! Great character sculpt and pose. I love how he is punching the turtle!

oh dudee! i am a fan of TMNT too and your Rocksteady is simply awesome man! Very cool sculpt and love the idea of him smashing the turtle…! :smiley: Awesome work dude! Top Row for me!

-Fabian

Totally awsome… saw the title of the post and brought great back childhood memories.

looks great as always man, love the character.

love it man! amazing job you did for this challenge!

take care friend!

-Rafael

Incredibly well done!
best of luck mate! :+1:

This is some amazing details you got! I really dig the high-res! well done :slight_smile: (you only got 3 stars wtf???, I hate the star system) I’m voting 5 stars!

Ditto. I love this. Great choice to do this character and great work.

Great model dude!
Love your intrepetation of Rocksteady, now u gotta do Beebob! :smiley:

honestly, when i opened this up i said “holy s#it!” this is an awesome take on the character. especially the nice little asymmetrical touch on the arms.

i love your stuff man! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Oh My God !
Great work, as usual !

The subtle abnormal mutations are great! especially the offset teeth/mouth in his left cheek and crinkled toes. :+1:

impressive job on that one! :+1: :sunglasses:

now thats a menacing mutant. Way better that the cartoon rocksteady

wow this is way better than the original… awesome sculpt! that cleaver actually makes him kinda scary now. anyone imagining a new TMNT game thats more like Resident Evil 2? Except that BrutiKong’s Rocksteady is Nemesis and he runs around with that cleaver sayings “TURRRTLEESS” instead of “STARSSS”

Hats off to a killer job! I really like the two weird human toes and the long scarred mouth. :+1: :+1:

One of best CG works I have ever seen. :stuck_out_tongue: