ZBrushCentral

Pelé

Hi folks,

Here’s my new model to share with you. It was done for the Sports Icon Modeling challenge in CGTalk. He is Pelé, they say best soccer player of all time and I concurr with the statement.

I also recorded all the modeling process. You can see it at the end of this post.

I hope you like it! Any C&C will be really appreciated :slight_smile:

edit: all done in Zbrush!

>>>>>Link to full size image<<<<<

Videos erased for lack of bandwidth

1 Like

Great Job DDS well done I also saw this on CGTalk front Page did you win or something? Anyways again well done! Love the sculpt, pose and motion in this!

:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

That is a really well done model! Very good use of zb and love the way you sculpt the model. Very well thought out and executed. Top Row for me ! Great work sir!

-Fabian

so great work :+1:

EXCELLENT sense of captured motion! Top row, or I don’t know what is around here.

yes DDS amazing work buddy!
top row stuff

Alex Oliver

yep second that! Great sense of movement :+1: The only thing that’s bothering me a bit are the eyes, which seem to be set too close to the side of the head [they’re almost bulging out on the side of his skull, there’s no thickness to the bones there it seems] otherwise no complaints :D:sunglasses: I especially love the last image, great touch with the audience :smiley:

Great work DDS, very inpiring piece and thanks for sharing the vids.

yo yo yo gomis… awesome stuff man… ZBrush master :stuck_out_tongue:
love the techniques man. Top roe stuff…
5* from me.

I especially like the clothing. I’d like to see more tutorials for that.

He’s more famous for having erectile problems nowadays but absolutely brilliant likeness.

www.peterminister.com

The beauty render looks especially great! It really sells the sense of movement.

Man, I love this sculpt.
Definitely top row!

it feels like pele the master of the soccer ball is going to fiddle this soccer ball hard and the reach the goal post…

Awesome likeness

… I like it in many ways Albert, but mostly because the addition of details like muscle tension, skin folds and cloth wrinkles, are motivated mainly by the character’s pose and dynamic. They capture a moment in time. Very nice.

Top row?!

Keridan

Perfeito!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

wow I’m blown away with such a positive feedback. I thought it wouldn’t fully saciate Zbrusher’s eyes, used to such an amazing work around here.

Darukin, I didn’t win. My buddy Faraz did, but anyways I got “free” frontpage in cgtalk, so I’m cool with that :wink:

fabianloing, I’m glad you enjoyed my workflow. Don’t hesitate to give advice to anything you find weird or overly complicated.
barbarossaX, thanks!

Bingo_Jackson, Thanks! apparently my videos did get top row. I hope I don’t run out of bandwidth :S
alexleia, thats dude. Always an honor to get your reply :wink: Keep up the great work.

Intervain, Your compliments are as flattering as hard to find :smiley: Your work is great too, congrats. And yeah he’s got the eyes pretty far out in reality. I might have overexaggerated it because I believe this is not photorrealism, but portraiture. So enchancing his features helps recognize him in an easier way.

aesis412, thanks, no problem!

samar vijay, thanks! now you could do some work, It’s been a while huh. Tomorrow ur frontpage?

Wildsketch, thank you! I think recording me work is all I can offer for now…I’m a really busy guy :confused: I could add my spanish voice too, but I’m afraid the rest would depend on observing real reference and practicing a lot.

ministerart@hotmail.co.uk, LOL, that’s true. He’s got ads on TV here in Spain. Not a big fan…

Heather Lawless, I admire your works. Thanks!

undoz, thank you so much.

VinayKr, not sure I got your sentence lol. Comment is appreciated though.

keridan, I’m glad you like. Thanks for the suggestion too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

paccini, flattering. Thank you!!

Goog verygood

kapasa Gomis… u did it again!! congrats for the top row man…
best of luck.

Hey DDS

I was talking about the likeness of pele and his muscles tensions on his hands that came out really gud…the workflow was also really good :+1: :+1: