Dan - Let me start by saying that I am not a Christian so my intent is not to defend the message itself but more so the rights of Pixologic to allow the post, and for NickZ to make the post in the first place.

This is a forum run by a private company and are not required to be impartial, even though I've seen no evidence of such the point is even if there was what is and is not allowed on their forums is solely their prerogative. As for being 'morally and intellectually' offended, personally I'm more offended by your rather rude dissenting response than the original post even though I'm not Christian simply because I dislike intolerance of all kinds. (and yes, I probably should have just ignored your post but I'm a sucker like that..)

Anyhow, that aside the model was a generous contribution - cheers, and thanks.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Wow! Thanks a lot, Nick! Extremely generous of you.

I'll be sure to give this a good look-over and will keep you posted, should I use this tool as-is or the inspiration derived from it for a future project of mine in one way or another.

Many thanks again.

Cheers!

PS: Many thanks to MSMBrush as well!
    Last edited by highlander_72; 08-05-08 at 11:49 PM.
    TheRazorsEdge

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
    - Bruce Lee -

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Burke
    Wow....I am surprised this made top row...the religion part I mean. If someone gives away a car model can he preach the Koran, claiming we are ALL children of Allah? Would the forum admins encourage someone to espouse the virtues of Scientology or the Raelians with a free creature model, with a top row stage for those ideas to boot? How about a nice dose of atheism with a well-done environment, free for download?

Couldn't agree more with you! This is offensive on a few levels. Technically, this "gift" is available only to people that share the same beliefs as this guy!

I guess the line "To take this gift... all you need to do to is reach out to our creator and start a relationship with our Father" means that atheists like myself aren't welcome to take it. But then, it hardly qualifies as a gift then, does it? Aren't gifts unconditional? Sounds more like bargaining to me: "I'll give you this, IF you do this". I'm surprised at Pixologic endorsing this kind of thing. Talk about a way to alienate your userbase. You'd never see this kind of thing on an Autodesk forum. Can you imagine! "Autodesk would like to present this model to the community, but the author has specified that only users who accept his particular brand of beliefs may download and use it". It's so ridiculous it beggars belief.

This thread shouldn't be about religion, it should be about some guy giving away some work for free, so why tarnish a good deed with offensive statements such as his?

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wow! Really impressive work Nick, and thanks thank thanks for this model.

thanks

and yes, what is all of this religious stuff I've been seen in ZBrush Central lately? no disrespect

ZBrush Team Follow User Gallery

No offence but wow you guys are taking this way out of context!
    This is a free world and no one is being forced to download this ZTool.
    It's on the top row because of how well it is sculpted, not becuase of the message that came with it. People make personal comments all the time of ZBrushcentral and not always related to ZBrush.

Let's all just try to relax and not get all ofended here.

Enjoy the model and leave it at that.

Peace people!!!

Default Calm down

Hello to everyone, hello to you, of every religion you are,

please calm down... This is a CG forum, please, we must talk about ZBBrush and our projects...

Yes, like Dan-Burke, I think that, here, the religion is in a wrong place (as the politics)...

But exist the freedom of the words and everyone can express himself as he wont, BUT WITHOUT offend every single user of this forum.

I think that Mr. Zuccarello is a great ZBrusher but his religious opinion don't care me. I like his generosity and his professionalism, but I don't like the Bible mentions...

But I DON'T think that MrZuccarello offend someone, it ONLY wrote with his style, and WE must have the same maturity to interpret and select the informations.

I hope that we can collaborate togheter as a big work team, WITHOUT businness purpose and WOTHOUT religious purpose.

Many thanks to Mr Zuccarello for his model and for the sharing purpose!

Mattia
    Last edited by hal8999; 08-06-08 at 12:36 AM.

skulll_monster
    Guest User Gallery

Thanks alot NickZ ! great !

skulll_monster
    Guest User Gallery

Thanks alot NickZ ! great !
    >> PEACE <<

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey I didn't meen to insult anyone or question their faith... just doing a comment about that. I'm not saying that he has to delete his post or whatever...

Thanks for the model , about the religious message , just ignore it , from the moment there is a download link , it became public property.

Kind regards NickZ, the forms and appearance of such human sentiments and proofs are warming.

For those that may stand aghast, it may not be necessary or even ever possible for you to raise all other works of mental intricacy to the ground. I wait to see your expressions of some other dark, stark, effervescent or otherwise beautiful metaphysical construction to the world.

Default Thank you!

This is great, I downloaded this to learn from and already I have found areas where I can improve my own meshes.

Thanks for sharing this terrific model, I now know better how to make efficient models.

I've been anxiously awaiting, and your gift is so much appreciated... I can't imagine ever topping a mesh like this myself, so this guy is sure to be a jump start for many personal projects down the road

Thanks Nick for generous contribution!
    It takes alot to donate 3 years of observation and study to an entire community.

Lets just respect that and let the religious comments go friends .

And many thanks to MSMbrush for the contribution as well!
    wow!

Nicke, I would like to thank you a lot !.
    I've learned a lot from your blog, from your tuts on gnomonology (the face model was awesome, really glad to buy that model) and now you give to community this wonderful gift THANKS A LOT

about religion. I would like to say to all TO READ what NICK wrote.
    I think that NO ONE from EVERY Religion can get offended by that. they are just WORDS FULL OF LOVE love NEVER HURTS. If someone would put other models for free and also words of love and joy asking for praying (every religion asking for peace and love) I would be only glad about that. We will have more wonderful models, more ispired people, more love and so on.. so what is the problem ?? what do you fear of ?
    For people that didn't like this words.. I asked them just to look at what they are, words of love. no one is asking for conversion, for fight, or for anything bad in the name of love.

TO NICK it's a wonderful gift not to be ashamed of what you believe in, you should be an example for anyone who love others and is not able to express his feelings
    Last edited by jojo75; 08-06-08 at 03:47 AM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast