ZBrushCentral

Did You Know That (ZBrush 3.5)

[attach=101934]banner.jpg[/attach]

ZBrush has always allowed me as an artist to experiment freely. I often discover new tricks or approaches that improve my workflow and help me achieve my goal of creating better artwork. All while having fun. This thread will consist of simple tips and tricks that I'd like to share and hopefully give you new ideas to create a workflow within ZBrush. I encourage any member to ask the question, "I want to do this, how can I?" Please keep this thread as a place artists can come to get workflow ideas for their WIPs. Thank you. I hope you enjoy [attach=101885]small_icon.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

small_icon.jpg

DidYouKnowThatBanner.jpg

Hello

Here is the first video. This video will show you how to merge subtools and be able to sculpt across the tool without having the seam spread apart. This video will also show you how to seperate the merged tool and reconstruct the subdivision levels.

[veoh]v15408049TsxTF778[/veoh]

You will need the plug-in SUBTOOL MASTER to merge all the subtools. You can download the plug-in at the following link

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=057154

small_icon.jpg

What an excellent thread man. Pity SAfrica can’t use veoh. No clue why :rolleyes:

Nice video. Good to have another resource to learn the ZBrush 3 workflow while I continue to wait it out for the release of Z3 for mac. If and when it ever gets released, I want to be ready to just jump right in. Keep the videos coming!

Awesome thread! That is a very cool trick, didn’t know that was possible :smiley: Look forward to seeing more tips in here!

Here is a link for the video on YouTube for my SAfrican friends:D

Hope you enjoy it Brett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoyaXLYByIs

Paul

Nice gabo1991, thanks for share it
regards

HA! sweet one there :+1: Thanks!

Indeed, didn’t know that :smiley: thanks for the trick man :+1:

Thanks Paul, we Namibian’s to cannot use VEOH… still wonder why…

Ziggy

Very informative video that will save me a lot of headaches. I’ll be watching this thread for more of them. :eek:

this couldn’t of some at a more perfect time, thankyou for this tut, much apppreciated.

Brilliant mate! Looking forward to more :+1:.

Have you ever wanted to pose multiple subtools, but could not move them all together? This video will show you a trick using TRANSPOSE MASTER to move masked off subtools so that you can strike a pose.

[veoh]v15429876NyGxyTTE[/veoh]

You will need to download the plug-in TRANSPOSE MASTER at the following link

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=054270

The video is also on YouTube at the following link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYY47o-pzk

Thank You for watching

Paul

DidYouKnowThat.jpg

Hi Paul, thx another great tut, how about one on displacement and normal maps and the pipline to other programs eg, Modo or CD4

Ziggy

Gabo1991, these videos are fantastic! Lots of thanks!

Great !
thanks gabo1991

L

Hi everyone,i’ve been following the forum for some time but this is my first post here.Hope this is the right place for my question.I’ve been playing with the retopo lately and i got it to work eventually but there’s something i need to know about the workflow you should use if you
want to swap between max and zbrush.What i want to do is do the unwraping in max,but i’m having some trouble with having this work nicely in
zbrush.What i did was creating a simple high poly model,creating a low poly retopo-ed version,then exporting the low poly retopo-ed model
in max,where i unwrapped it.
When i went back to zbrush,i painted the lp model just to see if the texture created looks as it should,considering the unwraping and it worked great.
However,and this is where my problem is,when i transfer the details from the hp model to the lp model,which works fine,the texture coordonates go wrong.
When i paint the lp model and go create the texture from the polypainting,it looks totally chaotic,the uvw’s get broken.I can see i’m doing smth
wrong,but i dont know what.It must be smth related to the difference between max’s and zbrush’s uvw sistems.I really want to have this working
without having to build the low poly in max,unwrap it and then create the hp in zbrush.I hope i made myself clear and it’s a pleasure to have joined the forums :slight_smile:

ne0lith

I have a couple of questions for you

Why are you painting on the lp model?
Are you subdividing the lp model up?
How are you projecting the hp info onto the lp?
Are you creating the lp just to have a better poly flow?
Can you just use ZBrushes UV lay outs or do you need to lay them out?
This is for a game?
Have you tried project all?That will transfer polypaint as well.

Screen shots can help sometimes as well. The more you provide the better understand I will have and maybe I can catch something from them.

I will be in and out this weekend but I will check back as much as I can.

Paul

Probably just need to flip UV’s vertically in zbrush?