ZBrushCentral

Eric's Workbook

Hey everyone here is a project I’ve been working on over the summer break.
I’m on my last term of school at the Art Institute of Portland. Wish me luck. The renders are in 3ds max and VRay. Everything is normal mapped, except for the hair.

[![071308.jpg|600x900](upload://z4VNXxnHIgC9a5wuUhA8RTBwKWD.jpeg)]![071308_Wire.jpg|909x819](upload://cUqCxHrep7LsNVgmnhqlHZjxfYY.jpeg) Comments are welcome!

Attachments

071208_Face.jpg

You’ve got talent! That will take you further than luck! Helps to have luck, though! Good luck! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hey there work is great and awesome

and yep best of luck for your future

and this is what i feel the man his age would not have that shartp abs

but it really doesnot matter coz its your vision of him

but still if you wanna go for that kind of muscular anatomy at that age

there is only one man ican say its Frank zane

his body is awesome at his age so try and google his recent images

you will get lots

hope this helps and as i always say keep em comin boy

willbrown1: Thanks for the kind words

truthhunter: Thanks, and yeah his abs are a little over done, maybe I’ll go back and change it.

Here are some more WIPs

Zbrush Work
[body063008.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘99659’,‘071208-02.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

071208.jpg

071208-02.jpg

I think his abs are sweet! Everything else is pretty solid too. In all honesty i wasn’t a fan of his gesture in the T-pose but after i saw the other shots it really didn’t matter anymore because his stance seemed very natural. I would say his face feels a little “stone-like” in the eyes/nose area. I’d bring a little more curvature into these places, it would be more convincing IMO. Now that i look at it again it may be your diffuse having some odd shadow information. I think your understanding the human form pretty well keep pushing! good work:cool:

digitalsmithy: Thanks for the comments. I am currently playing with his diffuse.

I have turned this post into a workbook post instead of just the demon character.

I thought I’d post some head sculpts I’ve done recently.

[oldman.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘100694’,‘viking.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Post-Impressionist.jpg

viking.jpg

Extraodinary Work! Amazing models! :+1: :+1:

Now with all this spare time after work I’ve started a model of VENOM, my favorite villain from marvel. I Still have a bunch of work I need to sculpt in, plus his logo on the chest.

[render092508_03_Z.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘109410’,‘render092508_04.jpg’,1,0))
[]render092508_01_Z.jpg

Attachments

render092508_02_Z.jpg

render092508_04.jpg

remember when making your models to create good edge flow. Isolate the musscles, and create whats known as a cape that goes over the shoulders.

And always remember… if you don’t know… consult the gods…
Antropus: http://www.antropus.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=49&pos=27

Mrguy: Venom definitly has a “cape” edgeflow going over the shoulders as for the muscles, I keep an even flow for the sculpt and when I’m done I retopology according to the sculpt and then bake the maps to the new and better mesh. Venom’s base mesh for the sculpt is very similar to the Demon/Satyr guy at the beginning of this forum. Yes Antropus is a GOD!

Thanks for the comment.

So I have played around with the porportions and am a lot happier, with his form. Next is adding the logo, posing, final details, and render with Vray

[render092708.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘109596’,‘Side&Front092708.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

closeup092708.jpg

Side&Front092708.jpg

I think his legs are too short. He can touch his knees without bending over right now. Even with his elongated fingers I think that’s still a bit much.
Great work on the neck muscles and tendons. His feet can use a little more form I think. He’s missing a set of muscles in his abs as well, he only has a 4-6 pack, he should be able to have a 6-8 pack. Actually, that is why his legs look too short, it’s actually his abdomen that is too small.

do a quick pose or two to test how your porportions look posed before finalizing them. ive ran into this before. to me the proportions dont fit the cahracter and his attributes very well. venom needs to move like spiderman, should share some of the physical traits of the guy.

goast666: I will see how he looks with his torso longer. I think you’re right

polyguns: Yeah I’ve noticed that once you put characters in a pose their proportions work out, we’ll see. As for the physical attributes Venom’s a big dude, a lot bigger than spidey.

Thanks for the feedback!

here is one of my reference images.
[attach=109822]IMG_2253.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

IMG_2253.jpg

See attached. I played around with some of the proportions. Overall I feel he’s way too wide, or squat looking.

-db

Attachments

venom.jpg

Sorry Eric… the only mesh I saw was the first one. I just assumed.

I agree with dustin, just make sure his upper body is a tad bigger to show his dominance, but dustin has the right idea making him 8 heads tall.

see thumbnail

venom.jpg

Mrguy: No worries, Thanks for the feedback. I have been working on his proportions and I totally agree on the 8 heads tall. I looked in my anatomy book at leg muscle flow and was wondering what the hell I was thinking. I’ll post an update soon with all the changes and a pose.

Thanks

So here is my first pose and color pass. I plan to add a lot more detail in the head area and fingernail/hands. I will be playing with different lighting variations.

[pose100208.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘110285’,‘pose100208.jpg’,1,0))

this is a nice shot. a bit too much blue in his suit/skin for my taste, but that’s a personal thing. I love the DOF on the shot, but that might make it seem more like a picture of a small statue rather than a dominating image of a full figured character. Granted, if you have big explosions or something else in the background/foreground that help to finalize the finished product it should all come together.

The changes in his height are definitely for the better. And from that shot it looks like you adjusted his torso length as well. very nice over all, can’t wait to see your final shot.